Check out our newest recipe for Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce. I can hardly believe it, but it’s already the middle of November and just a couple of weeks away from the start of the holiday season! It definitely doesn’t feel like Thanksgiving is in 2 weeks, but it is!
Our family tradition for Thanksgiving consists of the family getting together at my parent’s house for Thanksgiving dinner. We have almost the exact same meal every year. 🙂 The most important part of the meal is the turkey and then all of the sides that go with it. You can’t have turkey without cranberry sauce! While my sister prefers the canned version, I can’t have my turkey without a fresh, whole berry, cranberry sauce.
Tips for making Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce:
1. Can I freeze leftover cranberry sauce?
Yes! You sure can! If you have any leftover cranberry sauce or decide to make cranberry sauce ahead of time, simply chill it and pour it into an air-tight container or a freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
2. Can I double the recipe?
Yes, you sure can! I did. 🙂 Just double all of the ingredients but keep the pressure cook and pressure release time the same.
3. Can I make the cranberry sauce a thicker or thinner consistency?
Yes! If the cranberry sauce is too thick, simply add more orange juice or water after it has been cooked but before you have chilled it. If the cranberry sauce is too thin, turn the Instant Pot on saute after it has cooked and saute on high and stir constantly until you have achieved your desired consistency.
4. If you are using pre-packaged, bagged cranberries, be sure to wash and look through the cranberries to make sure there are no stems.
Looking for more recipes? Check out some of our favorites!
- Instant Pot Italian Crack Chicken Pasta
- Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi Linguine
- Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- Instant Pot Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Instant Pot Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
Ingredients for making Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce:
- 12 ounces cranberries- whole fresh cranberries
- ¾ cup sugar-white- If you prefer a less sweet and more tart cranberry sauce, then reduce the sugar to ½ cup.
- ½ cup orange juice or water
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 1 cinnamon stick
Directions to make Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce:
1.Add all ingredients to Instant Pot.
2.Close pressure cooking lid and make sure valve is closed and in “seal” position.
3.Pressure cook on high for 1 minute. When timer goes off, natural release pressure for 5 minutes. Manual release remaining pressure. If liquid starts to come out of the valve when you release the pressure, natural release for an additional minute or two. Remove lid.
4.Stir well, chill and serve. Cranberry sauce will continue to thicken as it chills.
Pin Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce for later!!
Instant Pot Cranberry SaucePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- Add all ingredients to Instant Pot.
- Close pressure cooking lid and make sure valve is closed and in “seal” position.
- Pressure cook on high for 1 minute. When timer goes off, natural release pressure for 5 minutes. Manual release remaining pressure. If liquid starts to come out of the valve when you release the pressure, natural release for an additional minute or two. Remove lid.
- Stir well, chill, and serve. Cranberry sauce will continue to thicken as it chills.
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.