I’m a sucker for pretty much anything that combines shrimp and pasta! I always order it when we go out to eat but rarely make it at home. When I have made it in the past, I have ended up with a really oily sauce or a very thick paste-like sauce. Neither are good! I played around with this recipe for Shrimp Scampi Linguine for quite some time until I got the consistency just right. It’s not oily and it’s not too thick. It’s just right!
One of my favorite things about Shrimp Scampi Linguine made in the Instant Pot is how incredibly quick and easy it is to make. Since shrimp does not take long to cook, just a couple of minutes, the cooking time is really based on the type of pasta that is being used. I used linguine in this recipe. If you were to use a thicker or thinner pasta, you would just adjust the pressure cook time accordingly.
Tips for making Shrimp Scampi Linguini in the Instant Pot:
1.Here’s a great tip! When you cook pasta, look at the instructions on the box and divide the recommended cook time in half and then subtract two. For example, if the box says to cook for 10 minutes, divide 10 by 2=5 and then subtract 2. 5-2=3. Your cook time will be 3 minutes. :). So easy! Now, you can cook any kind of pasta perfectly without having to really think about it! When you cook your pasta, be sure to almost cover it with liquid. If there is not enough liquid, the pasta on the top will be undercooked.
2.If your pasta is not all the way cooked when you open the lid, don’t panic…it will be ok! I promise! When you add in the parmesan cheese and stir, and then add the lid back on, the heat and steam in the pot will continue to cook the pasta a little bit more. If you add time to your cook time, you will likely end up way overcooking the shrimp.
3.If you are using thicker pasta, I would recommend that you cook the shrimp last. What? I know, that sounds weird. But, I would wait to add the shrimp until you add the parmesan cheese. The shrimp will steam in the pot with the lid closed. This will prevent the shrimp from overcooking if you use a thicker pasta that takes more than 3 minutes to cook.
How to make Shrimp Scampi Linguine in the Instant Pot:
1.Turn Instant Pot on the sauté on high.
2.Pour in olive oil.
3.Add butter and stir and then add shrimp, season with salt and pepper and then stir.
4.Add garlic and juice of one lemon. Be careful not to get the lemon seeds in the pot.
5.Pour in white wine and chicken broth.
6.Add red pepper flakes and stir.
7.Break linguine in half and add in layers, crisscrossing each layer so the pasta does not stick to itself. Once all pasta has been added to the pot, press pasta into liquid as much as possible, without stirring. DO NOT STIR once you have added the pasta. If you do, your pasta may burn to the bottom of the pan.
8.Put pressure cooker lid on Instant Pot and move the valve to “seal” position.
9.Change Instant Pot to “pressure cook” setting on high for 3 minutes and push start.
10.When the timer beeps, quick-release pressure by moving the valve to the “vent” position. Turn Instant Pot off.
11.Open the Instant Pot lid and stir shrimp and pasta until it’s well combined. Don’t panic if your pasta is not 100% cooked. It will continue to cook after you add in the parmesan cheese.
12.Add parmesan cheese and stir.
13.Close the Instant Pot lid (DO NOT TURN ON) and let the pasta and sauce continue to combine for about 5 minutes.
14.Stir and ENJOY!!!
Ingredients for Shrimp Scampi Linguine:
- 1 pound of Linguine
- 1 pound of 31/40 shrimp
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons Garlic- minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup Chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon Red pepper flakes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese-shredded
Pin recipe for later!!
Shrimp Scampi Linguini-Instant Pot RecipePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- Turn Instant Pot on sauté on high.
- Pour in olive oil.
- Add butter and stir.
- Add shrimp, season with salt and pepper and then stir.
- Add garlic and juice of one lemon. Be careful not to get the lemon seeds in the pot.
- Pour in white wine and chicken broth.
- Add red pepper flakes and stir.
- Break linguine in half and add in layers, criss crossing each layer so the pasta does not stick to itself.
- Once all pasta has been added to the pot, press pasta into liquid as much as possible, without stirring. DO NOT STIR once you have added the pasta. If you do, your pasta may burn to the bottom of the pan.
- Put pressure cooker lid on Instant Poti and move valve to "seal" position.
- Change Instant Pot to "pressure cook" setting on high for 3 minutes and push start.
- When timer beeps, quick release pressure by moving valve to "vent" position. Turn Instant Pot off.
- Open Instant Pot lid and stir shrimp and pasta until its well combined. Don't panic if your pasta is not 100% cooked. It will continue to cook after you add in the parmesan cheese.
- Add parmesan cheese and stir.
- Close the Instant Pot lid (DO NOT TURN ON) and let the pasta and sauce continue to combine for about 5 minutes. Stir and ENJOY!!!