Growing up my mom made a lot of pork chops. I was not the biggest fan of pork chops. Since a very young age, I have always associated pork (chops or roasts) with being overly dry and flavorless. Many years later I became familiar with the pork tenderloin and realized that there was a great cut of pork that was super tender, moist, and flavorful!
Over the years, I created my own sweet and savory pork tenderloin recipe. It was easy and delicious. I’m happy to say that now I can make it even easier and faster by using my recipe that I have converted over to the Ninja Foodi. Check out the details below for my Ninja Foodi Sweet and Savory Pork Tenderloin Recipe. I hope you love it as much as we do! 🙂
Tips for making Ninja Foodi Sweet and Savory Pork Tenderloin:
1.Be sure that you are using pork tenderloin for this recipe and not pork loin or pork roast. The tenderloin is a smaller, more tender piece of pork and will cook substantially faster than other cuts of pork.
2.There are many different schools of thought on what temperature pork should be cooked to. I am of the school of thought that pork should be cooked all the way through with no pink (none at all, it freaks me out when it’s pink). If you like your pork a little less cooked through, then you can reduce the pressure cook time. I have seen some recipes that call for a 0 minute cook time. I prefer to allow the pork to cook until it is well done. If you would prefer, you can reduce the cooking time as needed.
3.Be sure to allow the pressure to naturally release. Do so by literally doing nothing with your Ninja Foodi when the timer beeps. Just let the pressure naturally come out of the valve while it is still on the seal setting. If you quick release the pork, it will likely come out tough instead of tender.
Looking for more recipes? Check out some of our favorites!
- Ninja Foodi Crack Chicken
- Lazy Lasagna-Ninja Foodi Recipe
- Ninja Foodi Mostaccioli
- Ninja Foodi Whole Chicken
- Ninja Foodi Chicken Noodle Soup
Ingredients for making Ninja Foodi Sweet and Savory Pork Tenderloin:
- 1 ½ pound boneless pork tenderloin-you can cook 2 at a time if you would like. No adjustment in time or recipe is needed.
- 21 ounces golden pork gravy – I used Campbells
- ½ cup water
- 6 carrots, cut into 2-3 inch pieces
- 5 large red potatoes, cut into 5 or 6 pieces each
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Salt & pepper to taste
How to make Ninja Foodi Sweet and Savory Pork Tenderloin:
1.Remove pork tenderloin from the package and lightly season with salt and pepper.
2.Cut one inch slits on the top of the pork tenderloin-anywhere between 6 and 8 will work.
3.Spread slits apart slightly and then put a piece of butter in each slit.
4.Place pork tenderloin into Ninja Foodi.
5.Add potatoes and carrots around pork tenderloin.
6.Add brown sugar, try to place in the middle of pork tenderloin.
7.In a separate bowl, add ½ cup of water to 2 cans of pork gravy and mix well.
8.Pour pork gravy mixture over the top of the pork tenderloin.
9.Top with sprigs of fresh thyme.
10.Add pressure cooking lid. Seal and set to pressure cook on high for 5 minutes. When the timer ends, natural pressure release for 10 minutes and then quick release remaining pressure by moving the valve to release or vent.
11.Remove tenderloin from Ninja Foodi and set it aside.
12.Slice, plate, and spoon sauce over the pork tenderloin and vegetables.
Pin for later!
Ninja Foodi Sweet and Savory Pork TenderloinPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- Ninja Foodi
- 1.5 pound pork tenderloin (you can cook 2 at a time if you would like. No adjustment in time or recipe is needed. )
- 21 ounces pork gravy (I used Campbells)
- ½ cup water
- 6 carrots (cut into 2-3 pieces each)
- 5 red potatoes (large and cut into 5 or 6 pieces each)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter (salted and cut into 8 pieces)
- 3 sprigs thyme (fresh)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Remove pork tenderloin from package and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Cut one inch slits on the top of the pork tenderloin-anywhere between 6 and 8 will work.
- Spread slits apart slightly and then put a piece of butter in each slit.
- Place pork tenderloin into Ninja Foodi.
- Add potatoes and carrots around pork tenderloin.
- Add brown sugar, try to place in the middle of pork tenderloin.
- In a separate bowl, add ½ cup of water to 2 cans of pork gravy and mix well.
- Pour pork gravy mixture over the top of the pork tenderloin.
- Top with sprigs of fresh thyme.
- Add pressure cooking lid.
- Seal and set to manual high for 5 minutes.
- When timer ends, natural pressure release for 10 minutes and then quick release remaining pressure.
- Remove tenderloin from Ninja Foodi and set aside.
- Slice, plate and spoon sauce over the pork tenderloin and vegetables.