Check out my recipe for making Ninja Foodi Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup using the pressure cooker function!
If you're looking for a quick and easy soup that is simple to make, you've found the perfect recipe! This recipe makes a pretty big batch of soup, so you'll have enough leftovers to enjoy for several days!
I make Ninja Foodi Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup all the time. It's quick and easy and I usually have all of the ingredients on hand. In just a few minutes, you can have creamy, delicious soup...and enough for leftovers!
This recipe tends to create a bit of a thicker soup than other broth-based soups. The combination of the rice and cream creates a thick creamy base for the rice, chicken, and carrots. If you would prefer a thinner soup, add more chicken broth after pressure cooking. Do not add extra liquid before pressure cooking because the rice will absorb all of the extra and become very soggy and overcooked.
Tips for making Ninja Foodi Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup
It depends on the recipe. For this recipe, yes, we are cooking the rice before adding all of the liquid. This recipe cooks the rice at the same time as cooking the carrots and chicken. After the rice is cooked in the Ninja Foodi, the additional liquid, broth and half and half, is added. If you add all of the liquid to the Ninja Foodi while cooking the rice, the rice will end up being overcooked and soggy.
Ninja Foodi Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup can be saved in a ziplock bag or seal-tight container. When ready to eat, reheat in the microwave, on the stove top, or using the saute mode on the Ninja Foodi. You will likely need to add additional chicken broth and/or half and half as the rice in the soup tends to absorb a lot of the liquid. Heat until warm and serve.
I use Better than Bouillon mixed with water to make my own broth. To add a little extra flavor, I sometimes add a little extra of the Better than Bouillon. If you don't have better than bouillon, you can add in a chicken-flavored bouillon cube. Adding in additional vegetables like onion, celery, mushroom, or garlic that have been cooked down can also help add depth and flavor to chicken soup.
Yes, you want to make sure that you rinse the rice before cooking it and adding it to the soup to make sure that it is clean. Also, rinsing the rice helps get rid of a lot of the extra starch. Extra starch can make the soup thicker than you want it to be.
White, medium, or long-grain rice should be used. DO NOT USE INSTANT RICE. Using other types of rice, especially wild rice will need to cook much longer than white rice and will the carrots and chicken will overcook during that extra time.
Never miss a recipe! Subscribe to have FREE recipes sent straight to your inbox!
Looking for more recipes? Check out some of my newest recipes!
Looking for more Ninja Foodi Soup Recipes? Check out all of our soup recipes here!
Ninja Foodi Chicken Noodle Soup
Ninja Foodi Sausage and Tortellini Soup
What you'll need to make Ninja Foodi Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup:
Ingredient substitutions and tips for making Ninja Foodi Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup:
The full ingredient list is found at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
Chicken Breasts- I prefer to use boneless skinless chicken breasts. I cut them into bite-size pieces before cooking. To save time, you can use raw chicken tenders and cut them into smaller pieces. If preferred, you can use chicken thighs- just make sure they are boneless. The cooking time may vary if using different cuts of chicken.
Salt and Black Pepper- I prefer to freshly grind both my salt and pepper, but you can use whatever kind you have on hand.
Rice (Rinsed)- White, medium-grain rice was used. You can use long-grain white rice. It is not recommended to anything other than white rice for this recipe because the cooking time varies greatly based on the type of rice that you use. Do not use any wild rice blend for this recipe as the rice will take much longer to cook than the other ingredients.
Chicken Broth- Low sodium or regular chicken broth can be used. I use Better than Bullion mixed with water to make my own broth. But, canned or box broth or stock will work the same.
Butter- Salted butter- you can use margarine or unsalted butter if you prefer.
Carrots- Fresh carrots that have been shredded very finely. Frozen carrots could also be used, but they will need to be shredded before use. If you'd like, you can even add in a little celery or onion to add even more flavor and texture.
Half and Half- A mixture of heavy cream and milk will work. Milk will technically work too, but it will produce a thinner soup than if using half and half.
Steps for making Ninja Foodi Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup:
Directions for making Ninja Foodi Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup:
1. Rinse rice to remove extra starch.
2. Pour 3 cups of chicken broth, rice, salt, pepper, butter, chicken, and carrots into the Ninja Foodi main insert pot. Stir to combine all ingredients.
3. Put the pressure cooking lid on and cook on high pressure for 1 minute. Make sure the pressure release valve is closed and set to the seal position
Delay the pressure release by 5 minutes and then release all remaining pressure.
4. Open the pressure cooking lid, turn on the saute function on high, add the half and half and remaining 5 cups of chicken broth, and stir for about 5 minutes.
Pin Ninja Foodi Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup on Pinterest:
Ninja Foodi Creamy Chicken and Rice SoupRate this Recipe Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 ½ Cups (277.5 g) Rice (Rinsed)
- 8 Cups (1.88 kg) Chicken Broth
- 2 Tablespoons (1.97 Tablespoons) Butter
- ½ Teaspoon (0.49 Teaspoon) Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon (0.25 Teaspoon) Pepper
- 2 Cups (108.48 g) Chicken (Boneless, skinless chicken breast that has been diced into very small pieces.)
- 1 Cup (128 g) Carrots (Shredded into small pieces.)
- 2 Cups (484 g) Half and Half
- Rinse rice to remove extra starch.
- Pour 3 cups of chicken broth, rice, salt, pepper, butter, chicken, and carrots into the Ninja Foodi main insert pot. Stir to combine all ingredients.
- Put the pressure cooking lid on and cook on high pressure for 1 minute. Make sure the pressure release valve is closed and set to the seal position Delay the pressure release by 5 minutes and then release all remaining pressure.
- Open the pressure cooking lid, turn on the saute function on high, add the half and half and remaining 5 cups of chicken broth and stir for about 5 minutes.
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.
Looking for more recipes? Be sure to check out some of our favorites below!
Tasty Traveler #1
Hi, I’m Lauren but you can call me Tasty Traveler #1!
I have always had a passion for food, cocktails, and travel. It has become more pronounced over the last several years since I have had the opportunity to do so many of the things that I love. One of my favorite co...
Tasty Traveler #2
Hi, I’m Luis! (I like to think of myself as Tasty Traveler #1 but Lauren says I’m Tasty Traveler #2!)
I too have a love for food, travel, and all things in between! Over the past several years I have found more time to be adventurous with things that I eat, the plac...
Leave a Reply