It's that time of year again....it's soup time! When the weather cools down, there's nothing better than a nice hot bowl of soup to warm you up! Check out our recipe for Ninja Foodi Chicken Noodle Soup using a secret ingredient that makes this recipe super easy!
Our go-to soup has always been chicken noodle soup. There's just something so comforting about it. I'll admit though, up until recently, when we were craving chicken noodle soup, I'd go pick it up from a quick restaurant nearby. There's something about chicken noodle soup that is a bit intimidating to make. Is the broth going to be right? Are the noodles the right kind? How the heck to add the chicken?
Chicken noodle soup just got a heck of a lot easier to make thanks to the Ninja Foodi! Cooking chicken noodle soup in the Ninja Foodi pressure cooker makes the process quick and super easy. And....to make it even easier, we are using pre-cooked rotisserie chicken in this recipe. Why? Because we ran across it at a local grocery store and thought that it would bring all of the delicious flavors of a rotisserie chicken into our soup....and we were right! Oh...and we saved time too!
Tips for making Ninja Foodi Chicken Noodle Soup:
1.Check your local grocery store to see if they sell pre-pulled rotisserie chicken. At my grocery store, they do all of the work for you and it is a real timesaver! In the deli section, I am able to purchase packaged containers of white meat, dark meat, or mixed white and dark meat rotisserie chicken. While it does cost a bit extra, for the convenience of it, it's worth every penny!
3.When cooking pasta in the Instant Pot, feel free to modify the pasta from the recipe. If you like bowties- go for it. If you like penne- go for it. The trick is to look at the cooking times on the box. Whatever the box says- cut it in half and subtract 2 minutes. So, if the box says to cook for 10 minutes, you will cut that in half (5) and subtract 2. Altogether you would cook for 3 minutes.
4. You can use uncooked chicken if you would like. For this recipe, you would need to cut boneless, raw chicken into bite-sized pieces and add to the recipe during the first step of the recipe. Add raw chicken at the same time as the onion, celery, and carrots. Saute until the chicken is starting to turn white from being cooked. You do not need to fully cook the chicken as it will continue to cook during the pressure cooking time.
5. If you have access to it, I highly recommend using Better Than Bouillon mixed with water for this recipe instead of regular chicken broth. Both will work, but the Better Than Bouillon ads a deeper flavor than the broth alone. If you use Better Than Bouillon, be mindful of the salt that you add because it does tend to be a little on the salty side.
6. To save even more time and make this recipe even easier...you can use frozen vegetables. This small change to the recipe will cut down on the prep time drastically. There is no need to modify any of the instructions if you are using frozen vegetables.
Looking for more recipes? Check out some of our favorites!
- Ninja Foodi Sweet and Savory Pork Tenderloin
- Ninja Foodi Crack Chicken
- Lazy Lasagna-Ninja Foodi Recipe
- Ninja Foodi Mostaccioli
- Ninja Foodi Whole Chicken
Ingredients for making Ninja Foodi Chicken Noodle Soup:
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 medium onion-diced- about 1.5 cups after dicing
- 3 celery ribs- diced- about 1.5 cups after dicing
- 3 large carrots- peeled and diced- about 1.5 cups after dicing
- 2 teaspoons garlic-minced
- 1 pound rotisserie chicken meat-cut into bite-sized pieces
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme-dried
- 10 cups chicken broth- I used Better Than Bouillon mixed with water.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 12 ounces extra-wide egg noodles
- 2 bay leaves
Directions for making Ninja Foodi Chicken Noodle Soup:
1.Turn Ninja Foodi on sauté on high. Once the pot is hot, add butter Once the butter has melted, add onions, celery, and carrots. Saute and sit until onions become translucent and tender.
3.Pour in chicken broth and lemon juice. Stir well.
6.Close the pressure cooking lid and make sure the valve is in the "seal" position. Pressure cook on high for 3 minutes.
7.When timer beeps, slow-release pressure for 3-5 minutes and then quick release remaining pressure. The slow release of pressure is used to help make sure that the liquid does not come out of the release valve. Oftentimes, when cooking soup or any recipe with a lot of liquid, the liquid can come out of the valve if you immediately do a quick release. Remove bay leaves. Serve and enjoy!
Pin for later!!
Ninja Foodi Chicken Noodle SoupRate this Recipe Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter (salted)
- 1 onion (medium-diced-about 1.5 cups)
- 3 ribs celery (diced-about 1.5 cups)
- 3 carrots carrots (large-peeled and diced-about 1.5 cups)
- 2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- 1 pound chicken (rotisserie chicken meat-cut into bite sized pieces)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme (dried)
- 10 cups chicken broth (I recommend using Better Than Bouillon mixed with water)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 12 ounces egg noodles (extra wide-dried)
- 2 leaves bay leaves
- Turn Ninja Foodi on sauté on high. Once the pot is hot, add butter Once the butter has melted, add onions, celery, and carrots. Saute and sit until onions become translucent and tender.
- Pour in chicken broth and lemon juice. Stir well.
- Pour in egg noodles. DO NOT STIR. Press the egg noodles down into the liquid as much as possible without stirring.
- Place the bay leaves on top of the egg noodles. You will need to remove the bay leaves once the soup has pressure cooked so make sure that the bay leaves are on top.
- Close pressure cooking lid and make sure the valve is on the “seal” position. Pressure cook on high for 3 minutes.
- When timer beeps, slow-release pressure for 3-5 minutes and then quick release remaining pressure. The slow release of pressure is used to help make sure that the liquid does not come out of the release valve. Oftentimes, when cooking soup or any recipe with a lot of liquid, the liquid can come out of the valve if you immediately do a quick release. Remove bay leaves. Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.