Who loves lasagna??? We do! I make lasagna every couple of months and the kids love it! The last time I made it, I made fresh, homemade lasagna noodles and homemade sauce. Let me tell you….it was AMAZING! But, who has time for that? I don’t, or at least not on a regular basis. Well, if you follow my easy recipe for Ninja Foodi Lasagna, you can! It may not be your “traditional lasagna” but it sure is good!
I was skeptical…especially since I used no-boil noodles and not a lot of liquid. I was convinced that the noodles were going to be dry and disappointing. I don’t know how the Ninja Foodi pressure cooker did it…but the noodles were fully cooked and the lasagna was so delicious!
Seriously, nobody would know that I cheated and used no-boil lasagna and that it only took 24 minutes to cook. 24 minutes!!!! After the success of the lasagna, I have so many ideas on how to change it up and try different variations! I can’t wait to pressure cook lasagna again!
Tips for making Ninja Foodi Lasagna
Don’t be afraid to break up the noodles so that they make a full layer. I was hesitant to break up them up too small because I thought that the lasagna would crumple when I took the springform off the pan, but it stayed together incredibly well!
Yes, you can! You will probably need more layers of pasta and sauce if you choose not to add meat. I used a lot of ground beef in with my sauce and this created the pan to fill up faster than I expected. If you use a meat sauce, be sure to break the meat down into very small pieces so that it spreads out well and does not create an overly thick layer of meat. The more meat you use, the less room you will have for layers of cheese and noodles.
Use a sling to put your springform pan in and out of the Ninja Foodi liner pan. This will make it so much easier! You can either make a sling using foil or you can buy one. I recently bought the OXO Good Grips Sling from Amazon and absolutely love it.
You can. I use store-bought sauce because it’s quick and easy. But you can definitely make your own and use it instead.
I have not tried this. I would think the noodles would become way over cooked and very mushy. If you don’t boil the noodles- and you are using the kind that you are supposed to, the noodles will not cook all the way and the result will be a dry and crunchy lasagna.
Never miss another recipe! Subscribe to have free recipes sent straight to your inbox!
Looking for more recipes?
Check out some of my newest recipes!
What you’ll need to make Ninja Foodi Lasagna
Ingredient substitutions and tips for making Ninja Foodi Lasagna
Directions for making Ninja Foodi Lasagna
Pin Ninja Foodi Lasagna for later!
Ninja Foodi LasagnaRate this Recipe Print Recipe Pin Recipe
Ninja Foodi Lasagna Ingredients:
Make the meat sauce
Make the ricotta filling
- Set aside until you build your lasagna.
Build the lasagna-Use a 7 inch springform pan
- Break up no boil lasagna noodles and cover the bottom of the springform pan- try to cover the entire bottom without layer more than 2 or 3 noodles on top of an area.
- Cover pasta with a layer of meat sauce.
- Cover meat sauce with a layer of ricotta filling.
- Sprinkle ½ to ⅓ of mozzarella cheese on top of ricotta filling.
- Sprinkle ½ to ⅓ of parmesan cheese on top of mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat steps 1-5. Based on how much meat you used in your sauce, you will be able to create 2 or 3 layers.
Cook the lasagna
- Cover lasagna with foil and place on sling.
- Place trivet in Ninja Foodi.
- Add 1 cup of water to Ninja Foodi.
- Place lasagna, in the sling, onto the trivet.
- Closed lid and set valve to "seal" position.
- Cook on high pressure for 24 minutes.
- When the timer beeps, let pressure naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Remove lid and lasagna from Ninja Foodi.
- Remove foil from lasagna and place the sling and lasagna back into Ninja Foodi. Using the broiler lid, close lid and broil on high for 5 minutes or just until cheese is melted and golden brown.
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.