Check out our recipe for Ninja Foodi Creamy Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo! Now you can get restaurant-quality alfredo sauce at home….from scratch…in the Ninja Foodi!
One of my all time favorite dishes is Fettuccine Alfredo. Yet, for some reason I had never made it from scratch until now. I have bought and used the pre-made jarred sauce but the consistency just never met my expectations. I love a super creamy, cheesy sauce. If the sauce is too thick or almost grainy, from the parmesan cheese, I am not a fan.
I was a bit hesitant to make Creamy Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo in the Ninja Foodi because I was afraid it would burn and I wasn’t sure what the texture of the pasta or the sauce would turn out like. I was SO PLEASANTLY SURPRISED! It turned out perfectly!
The pasta was perfectly cooked- not undercooked and hard or overcooked and mushy. NONE of the noodles were stuck together! This is a challenge that I have even when cooking on the stovetop. It came out PERFECT! Creamy Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo is a super quick and easy dinner idea and is perfect for any weeknight. Enjoy!
Tips for making Ninja Foodi Creamy Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
When you add the pasta, break it in half over the pot. Break it towards the pot. Any of the extra little bits of pasta that snap off will go right into the pot. No more broken pasta on the countertop!
Do not over-stir the pasta and sauce before putting the lid on and pressure cooking. I find that the more you stir the cream sauce and the pasta, the more likely it is to burn and to create cream to come out of the valve when you release the pressure.
Let the pressure naturally release for about 6-8 minutes. Carefully move the valve to “vent” and make sure that clear steam is coming out. If cream starts to come out, quickly close the valve and continue to naturally release the pressure.
Do not pre-cook the broccoli before adding it to the Ninja Foodi. The heat from the cooked pasta and sauce will steam the broccoli very quickly. There is no need to cook the broccoli, the heat/steam will take care of it for you!
Feel free to change it up with your choice of cheeses. I used a combination of grated parmesan and freshly shredded parmesan. The variety gives a nice texture but you can use all grated or all shredded. Use what you have! Keep it simple.
Ingredient substitutions and tips for making Ninja Foodi Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
Directions for making Ninja Foodi Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo- Ninja Foodi RecipeRate this Recipe Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoon of salted butter
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic (about 5 cloves)
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 2 – 14.5 oz cans of chicken broth
- 1 lb of dried fettuccine noodles
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 cups fresh chopped broccoli
- Turn Ninja Foodi on sauté.
- Add oil.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and add to hot Ninja Foodi.
- Brown chicken breasts on each side- this should take about 2 minutes per side. Once chicken breasts are browned, remove from Ninja Foodi and set aside for later.
- Add butter and garlic to Ninja Foodi and stir. Be sure to scrape the bottom of the pot to loosen up all of the browned chicken bits.- Use a plastic spatula so that you don’t scratch the pot.
- Once butter is melted, add in the cream- stir constantly and heat until simmering.
- Pour in chicken broth and salt-stir.
- Break pasta in half over Ninja Foodi and add to sauce mixture. Stir just enough until the all pasta is covered in sauce. Do not over stir.
- Place browned chicken breasts on top of pasta and sauce.
- Place pressure cooker lid on Ninja Foodi and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Make sure the valve is in "seal" position.
- When the timer beeps, let the pressure naturally release for 6-8 minutes. Slowly move the valve to "release." If the steam is clear, continue to quick release the remaining pressure. If the steam is creamy, move the valve back to "seal" and continue to naturally release pressure. Once all pressure has been released, remove lid.
- Remove chicken breasts from Ninja Foodi add in cheese and raw broccoli. Stir until well combined.
- While the broccoli is "steaming" in the hot pasta and cheese sauce, slice or shred chicken and then return to Ninja Foodi.
- Stir and eat!
Looking for more recipes? Be sure to check out some of our favorites below!
Tasty Traveler #1
Hi, I’m Lauren but you can call me Tasty Traveler #1!
I have always had a passion for food, cocktails, and travel. It has become more pronounced over the last several years since I have had the opportunity to do so many of the things that I love. One of my favorite co…
Tasty Traveler #2
Hi, I’m Luis! (I like to think of myself as Tasty Traveler #1 but Lauren says I’m Tasty Traveler #2!)
I too have a love for food, travel, and all things in between! Over the past several years I have found more time to be adventurous with things that I eat, the plac…