One of our absolute favorite things to eat is Ninja Foodi Artichokes. I don’t know if I like the actual artichoke or the butter and garlic better! For some reason, I crave them and need to cook them every couple of weeks. They have become our guilty pleasure for sure (mine and Kaleigh’s). I hope that you love our recipe for Ninja Foodi Artichokes as much as we do!
I have always boiled artichokes…until now! When I boil them, I become pretty impatient and often find myself taking them out of the water before they have finished cooking. Why do they take so long?? If you are impatient and want really good artichokes, then you have to try cooking them in your Ninja Foodi! This recipe is a game-changer!
Tips for this recipe:
1.To double-check to make sure that your artichoke is cooked, stick a fork in the stem. If it’s soft, then your artichoke is finished cooking.
2.Eat the heart!! When I was a kid, I use to give my mom the heart because I thought…gross! It’s hairy and prickly, I’m not eating that!! Do it! Yes, it’s hairy and prickly, yes it’s a bit of work, YES IT’S WORTH IT!
3.Use a spoon to scrape off the prickles from the heart. Once you get a good start at it, the rest will come off easily.
4.Don’t eat the prickly hairs. Are you sensing a theme here?
5.Serve with SALTED butter. It may not be as healthy, but it is 10000 times better tasting.
6.Add lemon to the Ninja Foodi or squeeze on top of cooked artichokes for additional flavor.
Looking for more recipes? Check out some of our favorites below!
Ingredients for making Ninja Foodi Artichokes:
- 2 Large Artichokes
- 1 ¾ sticks Butter
- 2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 cup Water
Instructions for making Ninja Foodi Artichokes:
1.Trim artichoke leaves and stem. Using kitchen scissors, trim the top ¼ of each artichoke leaf removing the pointy end. Trim artichoke stem using kitchen knife until it is 1 inch long.
2.Make compound butter by mixing 1 stick of softened butter and 2 tablespoons of minced garlic.
3.Fill and top artichokes with compound butter by smearing the butter on the top of the artichoke and pulling butter into leaves with a spatula.
5.Place artichokes on a trivet, stem side down.
6.Put the pressure cook lid on the Ninja Foodi and turn the vent to a sealing position.
7.Pressure cook for 13 minutes. Timing will vary based on the size of artichokes. If you prefer your artichokes very soft, add 2 minutes to cook time below.
- Extra Large-15 minutes
- Large-13 minutes
- Medium- 10 minutes
- Small- 5 minutes
8.When the timer goes off, carefully turn the vent to release position. Quick-release until steam no longer comes out of Ninja Foodi.
9.Open Ninja Foodi and remove artichokes. Serve with 3 tablespoons of melted butter or compound butter.
Pin this recipe for later!
Ninja Foodi ArtichokeRate this Recipe Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2-4 Artichokes
- 1 ¾ sticks Butter (¼ pound sticks)
- 2 tbsp Garlic (Minced)
- 1 cup Water
- Trim artichoke leaves and stem. Using kitchen scissors, trim the top ¼ of each artichoke leaf removing the pointy end. Trim artichoke stem using kitchen knife until it is 1 inch long.
- Make compound butter by mixing 1 stick of softened butter and 2 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- Fill and top artichokes with compound butter by smearing the butter on the top of the artichoke and pulling butter into leaves with spatula.
- Add 1 cup of water.
- Place artichokes on trivet, stem side down.
- Cover and seal Ninja Foodi Turn vent to sealing position.
- Pressure cook on high for 13 minutes.. Timing will vary based on the size of artichokes. If you like your artichokes very soft, add an additional 2 minutes to the cook times below.Extra Large-15 minutesLarge-12 MinutesMedium- 10 minutesSmall- 5 minutes
- When timer goes off, carefully turn vent to release position. Quick release until steam no longer comes from the Ninja Foodi.
- Open Ninja Foodi.
- Remove artichokes and serve with 3 tablespoons of melted butter.