One of our favorite side dishes is potatoes because we almost always have them on hand and they are pretty easy to make. You can completely change the flavor and have a new side dish almost every night by changing just a few ingredients or adding in something new.
I recently made a whole chicken in the Ninja Foodi and needed a quick side to go along with it. Cooking the red potatoes in the Ninja saved time since red potatoes take quite a bit of time to boil on the stove. The rosemary and garlic flavors nicely complimented the chicken and everybody loved them! We had no leftovers-which is unusual for us.
Tips for making Ninja Foodi Red Potatoes with Rosemary and Garlic:
1. Try to make sure that all pieces of the potatoes are about the same size. If you have big and small pieces, they will cook unevenly.
2. Use fresh rosemary if you can. It makes a big difference!!
3. Since we are using red potatoes, there is no need to peel the potatoes. You can cook them with the skins on. Red potatoes have very thin skin so there’s no need to peel!
4. Be sure to keep an eye on the potatoes when you are sauteing them at the end. The butter and garlic is easy to burn in a short amount of time.
Looking for more recipes? Check out some of our favorites!
- Ninja Foodi Sweet and Savory Pork Tenderloin
- Ninja Foodi Crack Chicken
- Ninja Foodi Lazy Lasagna
- Ninja Foodi Mostaccioli
- Ninja Foodi Chili
- Ninja Foodi Whole Chicken
Ingredients for making Ninja Foodi Red Potatoes with Rosemary and Garlic:
- 1-2 pounds red potatoes- small potatoes, washed and halved
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 large sprig of rosemary- remove from the stem, and chop
- ½ cup chicken broth or vegetable broth
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
Directions for making Ninja Foodi Red Potatoes with Rosemary and Garlic:
1.Add all ingredients to the Ninja Foodi.
2.Close pressure cooking lid and make sure that the valve is in the “seal” position.
3.Pressure cook on high for 7 minutes.
4.When the timer beeps, quick-release all pressure and open lid.
5.Turn saute function on high for 5 minutes. Stir until potatoes have browned lightly on all sides. It’s okay if not all sides are evenly browned. You just want the extra broth to cook-off and the butter and garlic to carmelize to the potatoes a little bit. Once browned to your liking, turn Ninja Foodi off and serve. Enjoy!
Pin for later!!
Ninja Foodi Red PotatoesRate this Recipe Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- Add all ingredients to the Ninja Foodi.
- Close pressure cooking lid and make sure that the valve is in the “seal” position.
- Pressure cook on high for 7 minutes.
- When the timer beeps, quick-release all pressure and open lid.