This post may contain affiliate links. Using links to these sites means I may earn a percentage of the purchase at no cost to you. As an Amazon affiliate, I may recieve a percentage of qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
ABC green beans made in the Ninja Foodi is a delicious way to jazz up a very simple vegetable. What are ABC green beans you ask? Well, it’s green beans with the addition of Almonds, Bacon and Cranberries! This is the BEST combination of salty and sweet and combines amazingly well with the green beans.
When cooking green beans, we prefer to cook them until they are al dente which means that they still have a bit of crunch. Yes, it is possible to have al dente green beans cooked in the Ninja Foodi!
Tips for making ABC Green Beans in the Ninja Foodi:
1.Yes, you can use frozen green beans. I would recommend that if you are going to use frozen green beans that you buy the whole green beans instead of the cut ones. The smaller the pieces of green bean, the more quickly it will cook. Cut green beans will cook faster than whole green beans and with the cook time already being at 0 minutes, it will be difficult to not overcook the frozen, cut green beans.
2. Be sure to FULLY cook the bacon before adding in the other ingredients. The bacon will not continue to cook and crisp up during pressure cooking. If the bacon is not fully cooked before pressure cooking, it will be under-cooked and will not be crispy.
3. Serve immediately. The longer the cooked green beans sit in the Ninja Foodi, the longer they will continue to cook. As with most vegetables, the green beans do not take long to cook in the Ninja Foodi and can very quickly go from al dente to mushy.
Looking for more Ninja Foodi recipes? Check out some of our favorites!
- Ninja Foodi Lemon Meringue Cheesecake
- Ninja Foodi Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
- The Best EVER Marshmallow Sauce
- Ninja Foodi Creme Brulee
Ingredients for making ABC Green Beans in the Ninja Foodi:
- 2 pounds fresh, whole green beans
- 4-6 strips thick cut bacon-cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon garlic-minced
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
Directions for making ABC Green Beans in the Ninja Foodi:
Ninja Foodi ABC Green BeansRate this Recipe Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- Wash and trim fresh, whole green beans. Be sure to remove all of the stems from the green beans.
- Turn Ninja Foodi on “saute” on high. Once Ninja Foodi is hot, add bacon and continue to stir until bacon is fully cooked.
- Once bacon is fully cooked, turn off the saute function and add the minced garlic. Be sure to stir right away so that it does not burn.
- Continue stirring and add the dried cranberries.
- Continue to stir and add the sliced almonds and the pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the fresh green beans and the broth and stir. Close the pressure cooking lid and set the timer to 0 minutes. Make sure the valve is moved to the seal position and press start. Once the timer ends, quick release all pressure and then remove the lid. Stir and serve!