Check out our recipe for making Ninja Foodi Grill Breaded Chicken Wings!
We all love chicken wings! Who doesn’t? This recipe covers details for making “breaded wings”. Cooking chicken wings shouldn’t be complicated. Making them in a NINJA FOODI GRILL XL can be simple, with less mess to clean up!
There’s an unlimited variety of ways to cook chicken wings! Whether you prefer “breaded” or “naked” (not-breaded) wings, you can make them all in your Ninja Foodi Grill! We love Hooter’s wings and love that they have made their famous breading mix available at the grocery store! For this recipe for Ninja Foodi Breaded Wings, we used our favorite breading from Hooters.
While we used the Ninja Foodi Smart XL grill for this recipe, you can also use the smaller Ninja Foodi Grill to make chicken wings. Because of the smaller capacity, you will need to cook fewer wings at a time and may need to reduce the cooking time to accommodate.
Ninja Foodi Grill Breaded Chicken Wings
I recommend that you use thawed wings. Frozen wings will cook unevenly and will not hold the seasoning and breading as well with this recipe as thawed wings.
Thaw frozen wings or use fresh wings. Place wings in a colander over a bowl to allow any extra moisture to separate from the wings. If necessary, pat wings dry to remove excess moisture. Once dry, add seasoning and breading. Do not add sauce until the end. Because most sauces have a lot of sugar, the sauce will burn on the wings if it is added too soon in the cooking process.
While cooking, mix the wings often to provide an even cook throughout and to get a nice crispy result. If you would prefer your wings even crispier, lightly coat them in vegetable oil before air crisping them. Be careful when flipping and mixing the wings. You don’t want to knock off all of the breading.
You can adjust the time according to how you like your wings. We prefer crispy. For less crisp reduce the time by 5 minutes or so. Always monitor your food while cooking as this will help you most with the level of crispiness. This is especially important when making breaded wings because the breading will cook and darken sooner than a naked wing will.
Yes, you can. The wings will cook to temperature if stacked. However, the only part of the wing that will be crispy is the part that is exposed to the air. So, any part of the wing that is covered by another wing will not be as crispy. If stacking wings, be sure to toss the wings often to allow all wings to crisp evenly.
Never miss another recipe! Subscribe to have free recipes sent straight to your inbox!
Looking for more recipes?
Check out some of my newest recipes!
Ingredients substitutions and tips for making Spicy Ninja Foodi Grill Breaded Chicken Wings
Directions for making Ninja Foodi Grill Breaded Chicken Wings
Pin recipe for later!!
Ninja Foodi Grill Breaded Chicken WingsRate this Recipe Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 4 pounds Chicken Wings (Uncooked wings, flats and drums seperated, patted dry)
- 2 tablespoons Goya Adobo Seasoning (Pepper flavored)
- 1 cup Hooter's Wing Breading (Can use seasoned flour instead)
- 4 ounces Frank's Red Hot Stingin' Honey Garlic Sauce (Can use any wing sauce that you would prefer)
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray (Non-aerosal spray)
- Pre heat the Ninja Foodi XL grill.
- Lightly spray the wings with the non-stick cooking spray. Be sure to evenly coat all of the wings.
- Place the chicken wings into the air crisp basket and close the lid.
- Begin to cook on AIR CRISP mode for 400*, 30 minutes cook time.
- Every 5-10 minutes, open the lid and mix, shake, flip the wings often to provide an all-around even cooking. Be careful when shaking or flipping so that you don't knock off all of the breading.
- With 5 minutes remaining, open the lid and remove the chicken wings from the crisping basket and place them into a large bowl.
- Add Frank’s Red Hot Stingin’ Honey Garlic sauce (or any other sauce of your liking) to the wings and mix well. When the time is up, open the lid and remove the wings. Top with additional sauce if desired.
- Place the wings back into the Ninja Foodi XL grill and cook for the remaining 5 minutes.
- Once complete, serve and enjoy!
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.
Looking for more recipes? Be sure to check out some of our favorites below!
Tasty Traveler #1
Hi, I’m Lauren but you can call me Tasty Traveler #1!
I have always had a passion for food, cocktails, and travel. It has become more pronounced over the last several years since I have had the opportunity to do so many of the things that I love. One of my favorite co…
Tasty Traveler #2
Hi, I’m Luis! (I like to think of myself as Tasty Traveler #1 but Lauren says I’m Tasty Traveler #2!)
I too have a love for food, travel, and all things in between! Over the past several years I have found more time to be adventurous with things that I eat, the plac…