It's just about that time of year! Apple season is quickly approaching. There are so many recipes that I want to make and several of them call for applesauce. So, why not just make my own Ninja Foodi Applesauce and use it in the recipes!
Making homemade applesauce is incredibly easy and it's great that you can make it just the way that you like it. You can make it just the right texture and sweetness for your family.
I've made applesauce on the stove before and it turned out great! But, it's even easier in the Ninja Foodi. You can literally throw all of the ingredients in the pot and let it cook on its own. No more watching the pot and constantly stirring it. 🙂
Tips for this recipe:
2. Choose apples that you like! I used granny smith and honey crisp but you can use any apples that you have on hand or that you buy at the grocery store. The granny smith apples add a bit of tartness to the applesauce.
3. For smoother applesauce, blend once cooked. I really liked the texture before blending. It was not too chunky but had a bit of a bite to it.
4. Don't waste your time cutting the apples into small pieces. I sliced the apples into pretty big pieces and they cooked down wonderfully. No need to spend extra time cutting the apples smaller.
Looking for more recipes? Check out some of our favorites!
Ingredients for Ninja Foodi Applesauce:
- 4 Large granny smith apples- peeled and sliced
- 4 Large honey crisp apples- peeled and sliced
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- ¾ Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Cup water
How to make Ninja Foodi Applesauce:
1.Pour water, lemon juice, and cinnamon into the pot and stir.
2.Pour in apple slices.
3.Stir until apple slices are coated in water/lemon juice and cinnamon mixture.
4.Put on the "pressure cooker" lid and move the valve to the seal position.
5.Turn Ninja Foodi "on."
6.Choose the pressure cooker function and change the time to 8 minutes.
8.When timer beeps, allow pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes and then quick release remaining pressure.
9.Open lid and stir.
10.If you prefer chunky applesauce, simply stir.
12.If you would like an even smoother texture, you can pour contents into a blender and blend until desired texture.
Enjoy your apple sauce!
Pin Ninja Foodi Applesauce For Later!!
Apple Sauce- Ninja Foodi RecipeRate this Recipe Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- Pour water, lemon juice and cinnamon into pot and stir.
- Pour in apple slices.
- Stir until apple slices are coated in water/lemon juice and cinnamon mixture.
- Put on "pressure cooker" lid and move valve to seal position.
- Turn Ninja Foodi "on."
- Choose the pressure cooker function and change time to 8 minutes.
- Push start.
- When timer beeps, allow pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes and then quick release remaining pressure.
- Open lid and stir.
- If you prefer a chunky apple sauce, simply stir.
- If you would like an even smoother texture, you can pour contents into a blend and blend until desired texture.
- Enjoy your apple sauce!
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.