Check out my recipe for making Ninja Creami Caramel Banana Chocolate Chip Protein Ice Cream!
Caramel banana chocolate chip protein ice cream brings together two ingredients that complement each other very well, caramel and bananas! Add in a little extra crunch with chocolate chips and you've got the perfect creamy ice cream that's packed with protein and low in calories!
This recipe comes in at 296 calories, 32 grams of protein, 20 grams of sugar, and 9 WW points. See the recipe card at the bottom of the post for all nutrition facts.
Do you have a great Ninja Creami recipe that you want to share? Submit your recipe to The Tasty Travelers!
Whether you are making a meal replacement shake, a decadent dessert, or a family-friendly treat, the Ninja Creami does great things with bananas! Anytime you add bananas to a recipe, the banana helps to create the most magnificent texture ever! Stop struggling to get thick ice cream! Add in a banana, and the texture will be so thick and creamy! It's hard to believe that such a simple and easy ingredient can change the texture of ice cream. But it does!! And, bananas go really well with certain other flavors. Caramel and chocolate are a natural pairing for the banana flavor.
I get it. Protein ice cream is supposed to be healthy! But, that does not mean it can't taste amazing and have a creamy texture at the same time! If you're just freezing a caramel protein shake and calling it a day, then you are missing out on what it could be! It takes a few extra minutes to make this recipe in comparison to just freezing the shake by itself. But, it is totally worth it! You won't even know the protein shake is in the ice cream! I'm serious. Coming from someone that absolutely does NOT like protein shakes, that's a pretty big deal!
Why are the chocolate chips so hard in my ice cream?
If you've ever experimented with making your own ice cream, then you know that regular-sized chocolate chips can get so hard that you feel like you're going to break a tooth. I mean, they are soooooo hard!! To help with this issue, I started chopping my chocolate chips up into small pieces. Not only does it help with making them easier to chew, but it also helps to distribute little bits of chocolatey goodness all throughout the ice cream without having to use so much of the ingredient.
If you are using regular chocolate chips, and not sugar-free, they do sell mini chocolate chips at the store. Those are much easier on your teeth. But, I have yet to find mini sugar-free chocolate chips anywhere.
So, just chop up the chips, or shave off part of a sugar-free chocolate bar and add it to your ice cream!
You'll end up with an easy-to-eat ice cream with lots of little chocolate bits throughout!
Usually, when you are using a banana in a Ninja Creami recipe, there is no need to add additional thickeners/stabilizers. The banana not only adds flavor, but it helps dramatically with the texture of the ice cream too.
If you want to use instant pudding to add flavor to a recipe that uses banana you can, but it's not necessary. Try using a flavor extract instead of the instant pudding. It will accomplish the same goal. You'll have great texture and additional flavor.
Tips for making Ninja Creami Caramel Banana Chocolate Chip Protein Ice Cream
Maybe if you were to drink the shake on its own. But, when the protein shake is made into ice cream, the flavor becomes more mild. The salt flavor does not stand out.
Yes! You can. However, you would need to drastically change the recipe if it's made using the shake. To use protein powder, you would need to eliminate the shake from the recipe and instead use protein powder, liquid (almond milk), and extra flavor through extra syrup, extract, or flavor oils.
If your banana tastes bitter it's because it's not ripe enough. The longer you let a banana ripen, the sweeter it gets. When making ice cream, use ripe bananas.
Your freezer might not be cold enough. For the Ninja Creami, your freezer should be between 9F and -7F. Or, you may not be using the right ingredients. You need to use a stabilizer/thickener like instant pudding mix, guar gum, or banana chunks. Full list here. If you are leaving the ice cream out on the counter or microwaving it before processing, your ice cream will be softer. Also, adding too much liquid on a respin can cause a softer texture.
It depends on what the mixture is made of. I started blending all of my mixtures in a small blender. You can use a small blender, high-speed blender, food processor, emmersion blender, or frother (depending on the ingredients).
Never miss a recipe! Subscribe to have FREE recipes sent straight to your inbox!
Looking for more recipes? Check out some of my newest recipes!
- Ninja Creami Strawberry Cheesecake Cottage Cheese Protein Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Chocolate Protein Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Caramel White Chocolate Mocha Protein Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Strawberry Banana Protein Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Mocha Espresso Protein Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Strawberry Cheesecake Protein Ice Cream
Looking for more of the best Ninja Creami Recipes? Check out all of our Ninja Creami ice cream recipes here!
Ingredients to make Ninja Creami Caramel Banana Chocolate Chip Protein Ice Cream:
Ingredient substitutions and tips for making Ninja Creami Caramel Banana Chocolate Chip Protein Ice Cream:
The full ingredient list is found at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
Sugar and dairy substitution suggestions can be found here.
Caramel Protein Shake- I used a Premier Protein salted caramel protein shake for this recipe. You can use any brand of caramel protein shake that you would like. Just make sure that you like the flavor before using the shake.
Banana - Use a fresh banana. Either ½ of a large banana or 1 small banana. You can use a frozen banana but you should thaw it first.
Zero Sugar Chocolate Chips (Chopped)- You can use any type of chocolate chips or chocolate bar that you would like. Using another brand or flavor will impact the nutrition info for the recipe. Make sure to chop the chocolate up into small pieces.
Sugar-Free Caramel Ice Cream Syrup- This is the ice cream syrup and not the drink flavoring syrups or thick caramel sauce.
Unsweetened Almond Milk- Any dairy or dairy substitute can be used. You may not need it. If the ice cream is dry and crumbly after processing, you'll need to add a tablespoon or two of liquid.
Steps for making Ninja Creami Caramel Banana Chocolate Chip Protein Ice Cream:
Prepare the mixture:
Steps for making Ninja Creami Caramel Banana Chocolate Chip Protein Ice Cream:
Process the mixture:
Directions for making Ninja Creami Caramel Banana Chocolate Chip Protein Ice Cream:
1. Pour the caramel protein shake and banana into a small blender and blend together until all ingredients are completely combined. Pour the mixture into the Ninja Creami pint container.
2. Freeze on a level surface for 24 hours. Your freezer should be between 9 and -7 degrees Fahrenheit. To avoid getting a bump on the top of the frozen mixture, freeze with the lid off of the container.
3. After 24 hours, remove the pint container from the freezer.
4. Place the pint container into the outer bowl of the Ninja Creami and then process on "LITE ICE CREAM."
5. If the ice cream is dry or crumbly looking, pour in 2 tablespoons of unsweetened almond milk and then respin. You may need to complete this process a second time. Be sure to add another 2 tablespoons of unsweetened almond milk with the second respin as well.
6. Pour the chopped-up chocolate chips down the center of the ice cream and then process on mix-ins.
7. Remove the pint from the machine, drizzle with caramel ice cream topping and enjoy!
Pin Ninja Creami Caramel Banana Chocolate Chip Protein Ice Cream on Pinterest for later:
Caramel Banana Chocolate Chip Protein Ice CreamRate this Recipe Print Recipe Pin Recipe
Original and Deluxe Ingredient Measurements
Use the multiplier below to adjust quantities based on the machine that you own. 1X=Original 16 ounce 1.5X=Deluxe 24 ounces
Ice Cream Base
- 11.5 Ounces (326 g) Caramel Protein Shake
- 1 (1) Banana (Small)
- 1 Tablespoon (1 Tablespoon) Zero Sugar Chocolate Chips (Chopped)
- 2-4 Tablespoons (2 Tablespoons) Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar-Free Caramel Ice Cream Syrup (Drizzle on Top)
- Pour the caramel protein shake and banana into a small blender and blend together until all ingredients are completely combined. Pour the mixture into the Ninja Creami pint container.
- Freeze on a level surface for 24 hours. Your freezer should be between 9 and -7 degrees Fahrenheit. To avoid getting a bump on the top of the frozen mixture, freeze with the lid off of the container.
- After 24 hours, remove the pint container from the freezer.
- Place the pint container into the outer bowl of the Ninja Creami and then process on "LITE ICE CREAM."
- If the ice cream is dry or crumbly looking, pour in 2 tablespoons of unsweetened almond milk and then respin. You may need to complete this process a second time. Be sure to add another 2 tablespoons of unsweetened almond milk with the second respin as well.
- Pour the chopped-up chocolate chips down the center of the ice cream and then process on mix-ins.
- Remove the pint from the machine, drizzle with caramel ice cream topping and enjoy!
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.
Looking for more recipes? Be sure to check out some of our favorites below!
Tasty Traveler #1
Hi, I’m Lauren but you can call me Tasty Traveler #1!
I have always had a passion for food, cocktails, and travel. It has become more pronounced over the last several years since I have had the opportunity to do so many of the things that I love. One of my favorite co...
Tasty Traveler #2
Hi, I’m Luis! (I like to think of myself as Tasty Traveler #1 but Lauren says I’m Tasty Traveler #2!)
I too have a love for food, travel, and all things in between! Over the past several years I have found more time to be adventurous with things that I eat, the plac...
Leave a Reply