Check out my recipe for making Ninja Foodi Grill Bacon!
Ninja Foodi Grill Bacon is super easy to make and there's less cleanup than when you cook bacon in a skillet on the stovetop! You can make the perfect bacon whether you like well-done crispy bacon or a little less cooked. And...your bacon strips are all perfectly cooked in just a matter of minutes.
One of my favorite things is bacon (pork bacon). If you ask me, bacon makes everything better! I even have a sign in my kitchen that says this, so it must be true! Okay, but seriously, I LOVE bacon! It's so versatile too! Bacon can be eaten all by itself as a snack or it can go with eggs for breakfast, in sandwiches for lunch, or wrapped around shrimp for dinner! Come on! What else is so good and goes with so many different things??
This recipe was made using the Ninja® Foodi® Smart XL Pro Grill & Griddle, but any Ninja Foodi Grill or Air Fryer can be used for this recipe.
Bacon can be made fried on the stove, baked in the oven air fried, deep-fried, cooked on a griddle, smoked...you name and you can do it with bacon!
I normally fry bacon on the stove...every morning for breakfast. I decided to give air frying bacon a try and was really happy with the results. When you air fry bacon, you do not need to flip the bacon, which was good news for me because I'm a constant flipper. Air frying the bacon made it easier and the results were more consistent.
I was pleasantly surprised when I checked on the bacon and the slices were evenly cooked throughout. There were no burnt ends or undercooked fatty sections. The entire piece was evenly cooked!
Tips for making Ninja Foodi Grill Bacon
Yes- you read that right! When you air fry bacon, you don't need to flip it..ever. What? Yes, it's true. Because the air crisping basket has holes throughout it, the air gets underneath the bacon and cooks it from all sides at the same time.
Bacon in general is not very healthy. However, when the bacon is air-fried, a lot less of the fat is consumed since the bacon is not cooking or sitting directly in the fat.
Any type and thickness of bacon can be air-fried. Cooking times will vary based on the type and thickness of the bacon. Keep an eye on it to make sure that it is cooked to your liking.
I save all of my bacon grease in a mason jar in the refrigerator. After the bacon has been cooked, let the bacon grease cool for a few minutes and then strain (optional) and pour into a mason jar. Tightly close the lid and refrigerate until ready to use. Use the bacon grease to cook eggs, steaks, Brussels sprouts, or anything that you want to add balcony delicious flavor to. Use instead of butter or oil.
Yes, be sure to pre-heat the air fryer before putting the bacon in. Otherwise, it will be like cooking bacon in a cold oven. The cook time is based on using a pre-heated Ninja Foodi Grill. If you choose not to pre-heat the Ninja Foodi grill, the cooking time will need to be reduced.
Yes, since we are using the air crisp setting and the air fryer basket in the Ninja Foodi Grill, it is the same as air frying.
Yes! Save all of that leftover bacon (if there is any!) in an airtight container or ziplock bag and store it in the fridge until ready to eat. Cooked bacon will stay good for a few days.
Never miss a recipe! Subscribe to have FREE recipes sent straight to your inbox!
Looking for more recipes? Check out some of my newest recipes!
- Ninja Creami Chocolate Protein Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Caramel White Chocolate Mocha Protein Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Caramel Banana Chocolate Chip Protein Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Strawberry Banana Protein Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Mocha Espresso Protein Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Strawberry Cheesecake Protein Ice Cream
Looking for more Ninja Foodi Grill Recipes? Check out all of our Ninja Foodi recipes here!
What you'll need to make this recipe:
Ingredient substitutions and tips for making Ninja Foodi Grill Bacon :
The full ingredient list is found at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
Bacon- I used regular cut, thick cut, and extra thick cut pork bacon. All work great. Use your favorite bacon and whichever thickness you prefer. Adjust cooking time based on the thickness of the bacon. Other bacon variations such as turkey bacon, vegetarian bacon, or low salt bacon can be used also. Cooking times will vary.
Steps for making this recipe:
Directions for making Ninja Foodi Grill Bacon:
1. Turn the Ninja Foodi Grill on.
2. Press air crisp function. Set to 350 degrees for 8-14 minutes based on your preferred bacon and crispiness.
Regular Cut Bacon: Cook for 8-10 minutes
Thick Cut Bacon: Cook for 9-11 minutes
Extra Thick Cut Bacon: Cook for 11-14 minutes
3. Push the START button. The Ninja Foodi Grill will start to preheat.
4. While the Ninja Foodi Grill is preheating, place the slices of bacon into the air crisp basket. The bacon can be touching but should not be stacked on top of each other.
5. Once the Ninja Foodi Grill has finished preheating and says ADD FOOD, open the lid and place the crisping basked with the bacon into the Ninja Foodi Grill.
6. When the Ninja Foodi Grill says FLIP FOOD (about halfway through the full cook time) open the lid and check on the doneness of the bacon. You don't actually need to flip the bacon.
7. When the cooking time is complete, open the lid remove, check for your desired crispness on the bacon, and place it onto a napkin-lined plate.
8. Serve and enjoy!
Pin recipe for later:
Ninja Foodi Grill BaconRate this Recipe Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- Silicone Tongs
- 6 Slices Bacon
- Turn the Ninja Foodi Grill on.
- Press air crisp function. Set to 350 degrees for 8-14 minutes based on your preferred bacon and crispiness.Regular Cut Bacon: Cook for 8-10 minutesThick Cut Bacon: Cook for 9-11 minutesExtra Thick Cut Bacon: Cook for 11-14 minutes
- Push the START button. The Ninja Foodi Grill will start to preheat.
- While the Ninja Foodi Grill is preheating, place the slices of bacon into the air crisp basket. The bacon can be touching but should not be stacked on top of each other.
- Once the Ninja Foodi Grill has finished preheating and says ADD FOOD, open the lid and place the crisping basked with the bacon into the Ninja Foodi Grill.
- When the Ninja Foodi Grill says FLIP FOOD (about halfway through the full cook time) open the lid and check on the doneness of the bacon. You don't actually need to flip the bacon.
- When the cooking time is complete, open the lid remove the bacon and place it onto a napkin-lined plate.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.
Looking for more recipes? Be sure to check out some of our favorites below!
Tasty Traveler #1
Hi, I’m Lauren but you can call me Tasty Traveler #1!
I have always had a passion for food, cocktails, and travel. It has become more pronounced over the last several years since I have had the opportunity to do so many of the things that I love. One of my favorite co...
Tasty Traveler #2
Hi, I’m Luis! (I like to think of myself as Tasty Traveler #1 but Lauren says I’m Tasty Traveler #2!)
I too have a love for food, travel, and all things in between! Over the past several years I have found more time to be adventurous with things that I eat, the plac...
Leave a Reply