I’ve always been a fan of Vanilla Bean Ice Cream until I tried gelato for the first time ever made in my Ninja CREAMi. Since then I have been trying flavors I’d never eaten before and Butter Pecan happened to be one. I’m amazed at the richness and flavor this gelato has. It has quickly risen to the top as one of my favorites CREAMi Creations to make.
Tips for making Ninja Creami Butter Pecan Gelato
Butter pecan gelato is a buttery flavored base with chopped-up pecans added in. You can achieve the buttery flavor either by adding actual butter to the recipe or with the butter-flavored extract. This recipe for butter pecan gelato uses butter extract.
Gelato is generally made with more milk, less fat, and more sugar than traditional ice cream. Usually, but not always, gelato also has eggs in the recipe. The biggest difference between gelato and ice cream is the texture. Gelato is very smooth and almost dense. Whereas, ice cream has more air in it so it is lighter and not as smooth.
Usually, if your gelato comes out dry or crumbly it’s due to one of the following reasons:
*Your freezer is too cold. Try to adjust your freezer to be a little warmer or let your ice cream sit on the counter for 5-10 minutes before processing it.
*Your recipe does not have enough fat in it. Try adding in a little bit of a higher fat dairy product to your recipe next time.
*Your recipe may not have enough sugar in it. The less sugar in the recipe, the icier and crumblier the ice cream will be. Regular sugar, honey, or corn syrup can be used to increase the sugar content if desired.
It depends. If you are keeping the ice cream in the Ninja pint container with the lid sealed tightly and are freezing it in a cold freezer (between 9 degrees F and -7 degrees F), your ice cream will keep for several weeks, even months. However, if you transfer your ice cream to another container or freeze it in a freezer that is not quite as cold (or that is accessed a lot/door opened and closed often), the lifetime of your ice cream will decrease greatly to just a few days and you will likely end up with freezer-burned ice cream.
If you have made gelato and it just isn’t quite as creami as you would like, or if it started to melt and then was refrozen, you can very easily get it super creami again using the re-spin function on the Ninja Creami. Simply place the pint into the outer bowl and snap it into place. Choose the RE-SPIN function. Once the cycle completes, remove the pint and enjoy! Your ice cream should be nice and creamy again. ***If using the re-spin function on previously frozen and melted ice cream, be sure to smooth out the top so that the ice cream is level and evenly distributed in the pint.
Ingredient substitutions and tips for making Ninja Creami Butter Pecan Gelato:
Directions for making Ninja Creami Butter Pecan Gelato:
Pin recipe for later!!
Ninja Creami Butter Pecan GelatoRate this Recipe Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- Medium Bowl
- Combine the egg yolks, corn syrup, and sugar in a saucepan. Use a whisk to fully combine ingredients.
- Pour in the heavy cream, milk, and butter extract. Continue to stir until well combined.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat on the stove. Continue to stir until the mixture reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit on an instant-read thermometer.
- Place the pint container into a bowl of ice and ice water until cooled.
- Put the lid on the pint container and freeze for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, take the pint out of the freezer and remove the lid.
- Place pint into the outer bowl and place it into the Ninja Creami machine.
- Choose the gelato process.
- When the process is complete, remove the pint from the Ninja Creami.
- Use a spoon to create a small tunnel through the middle of the gelato and add in pecan pieces.
- Put the pint container back into the outer bowl and back into Ninja Creami Machine. Select the mix-ins process.
- When process has completed, remove from machine and serve.
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.
Looking for more recipes? Be sure to check out some of our favorites below!
Tasty Traveler #1
Hi, I’m Lauren but you can call me Tasty Traveler #1!
I have always had a passion for food, cocktails, and travel. It has become more pronounced over the last several years since I have had the opportunity to do so many of the things that I love. One of my favorite co…
Tasty Traveler #2
Hi, I’m Luis! (I like to think of myself as Tasty Traveler #1 but Lauren says I’m Tasty Traveler #2!)
I too have a love for food, travel, and all things in between! Over the past several years I have found more time to be adventurous with things that I eat, the plac…