Check out our recipe for making Ninja Foodi Grill Chicken Wings!
We are a family of 6 who loves chicken, more so, wings! We have them most when eating out, but that can be expensive at times, so cooking them at home can be a saver. Especially in a NINJA! This recipe is for classic buffalo chicken wings. This recipe will show you the basics of getting your wings cooked just right so you can then either add buffalo sauce or any other sauce to your liking. Serve it up with some ranch or blue cheese dip and a side of carrots or celery and ENJOY!
While we used the Ninja Foodi Smart XL grill for this recipe, you can also use the smaller Ninja Foodi Grill to make chicken wings. Because of the smaller capacity, you will need to cook fewer wings at a time and may need to reduce the cooking time to accommodate.
Tips for making Ninja Foodi Grill Chicken Wings
I recommend that you use thawed wings. Frozen wings will cook unevenly and will not hold the seasoning as well with this recipe as thawed wings.
Thaw frozen wings or use fresh wings. Place wings in a colander over a bowl to allow any extra moisture to separate from the wings. If necessary, pat wings dry to remove excess moisture. Once dry, add seasoning. Do not add sauce until the end. Because most sauces have a lot of sugar, the sauce will burn on the wings if it is added too soon in the cooking process.
While cooking, mix the wings often to provide an even cook throughout and to get a nice crispy result. If you would prefer your wings even crispier, lightly coat them in vegetable oil before air crisping them.
You can adjust the time according to how you like your wings. We prefer crispy. For less crisp reduce the time by 5 minutes or so. Always monitor your food while cooking as this will help you most with the level of crispiness.
Yes, you can. The wings will cook to temperature if stacked. However, the only part of the wing that will be crispy is the part that is exposed to the air. So, any part of the wing that is covered by another wing will not be as crispy. If stacking wings, be sure to toss the wings often to allow all wings to crisp evenly.
Ingredients substitutions and tips for making Ninja Foodi Grill Chicken Wings
Directions for making Ninja Foodi Grill Chicken Wings
Pin recipe for later!!
Ninja Foodi Grill Chicken WingsRate this Recipe Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- Pre-heat the Ninja Foodi XL grill on AIR CRISP mode, 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Lightly spray the chicken wings with the non-stick cooking spray. Be sure to evenly coat all wings.
- Place the chicken wings into the air crisp basket and close the lid.
- Begin to cook on AIR CRISP mode for 400 degrees, 30 minutes cook time.
- Every 5-10 minutes open the lid and mix, shake, flip the wings often to provide an all-around even cooking.
- With 5 minutes of air crisp time remaining, open the lid and remove the chicken wings from the crisping basket and place them into a large bowl.
- Add the Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo sauce (or any other sauce of your liking) and mix well.
- Place the wings back into the Ninja Foodi XL Grill and cook for the remaining 5 minutes. When the time is up, open the lid and remove the wings. Top with additioanl sauce if desired.
- Once complete, serve and enjoy!
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.
Looking for more recipes? Be sure to check out some of our favorites below!
Tasty Traveler #1
Hi, I’m Lauren but you can call me Tasty Traveler #1!
I have always had a passion for food, cocktails, and travel. It has become more pronounced over the last several years since I have had the opportunity to do so many of the things that I love. One of my favorite co…
Tasty Traveler #2
Hi, I’m Luis! (I like to think of myself as Tasty Traveler #1 but Lauren says I’m Tasty Traveler #2!)
I too have a love for food, travel, and all things in between! Over the past several years I have found more time to be adventurous with things that I eat, the plac…