Check out Serena's recipe for Ninja Creami Almond Joy Ice Cream
The flavors of an Almond Joy!
This recipe combines all of the flavors that you would find in an almond joy. Coconut, chocolate, and almonds all come together to make a delicious ice cream that will remind you of one of my favorite candy bars...the Almond Joy!
This recipe was submitted by a member of our Community!
This recipe was submitted by a member of our community, either directly through this website or through one of our Facebook Communities! We have so many great members and recipes in our communities! And now, we are sharing them with all of you!
Since this recipe (ingredients and instructions) was submitted by a member of the community, The Tasty Travelers™ has not tested or verified the recipe. General tips and tricks, extra information, and wording have been modified or added to fit the format of the post.
Tips for making Ninja Creami Almond Joy Ice Cream
If you've never tasted an almond joy before, you are missing out! Almond Joy's have a chewy, almost gooey, coconut filling that is topped with whole almonds and then dipped in milk chocolate! They are so good!
You may be able to find toasted coconut at your grocery store. If not, don't worry! It's super easy to toast your own coconut! Simply put the amount of shredded coconut that you want to toast into a small skillet and cook on medium for a few minutes. Stir the coconut so that it evenly browns. It should only take a few minutes. You can use either sweetened or unsweetened coconut. If it's sweetened, it will cook faster because of the added sugar.
If you have made ice cream and it just isn’t quite as creami as you would like, you can very easily get it super creami by using the re-spin function on the Ninja Creami. Simply place the pint into the outer bowl and snap it into place. Choose the RE-SPIN function. Once the cycle completes, remove the pint and enjoy! Your gelato should be nice and creamy again. ***Use re-spin on already spun ice cream. If the ice cream has been spun and then frozen again, do not use re-spin, Instead, use the original process (ice cream, gelato, etc.)
It depends. If you are keeping the ice cream in the Ninja pint container with the lid sealed tightly and are freezing it in a cold freezer (between 9 degrees F and -7 degrees F), your ice cream will keep for several weeks, even months. However, if you transfer your ice cream to another container or freeze it in a freezer that is not quite as cold (or that is accessed a lot/door opened and closed often), the lifetime of your ice cream will decrease greatly to just a few days and you will likely end up with freezer-burned ice cream.
Usually, if your ice cream/sorbet comes out dry or crumbly it's due to one of the following reasons:
*Your freezer is too cold. Try to adjust your freezer to be a little warmer or let your ice cream sit on the counter for 5-10 minutes before processing it.
*Your recipe does not have enough fat in it. Try adding in a little bit of a higher fat dairy product to your recipe next time.
*Your recipe may not have enough sugar in it. The less sugar in the recipe, the icier and crumblier the ice cream will be. Regular sugar, honey, or corn syrup can be used to increase the sugar content if desired.
Never miss a recipe! Subscribe to have FREE recipes sent straight to your inbox!
Looking for more recipes? Check out some of my newest recipes!
- Ninja Creami Mint Chocolate Chip Protein Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Strawberry Cheesecake Cottage Cheese Protein Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Chocolate Protein Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Caramel White Chocolate Mocha Protein Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Caramel Banana Chocolate Chip Protein Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Strawberry Banana Protein Ice Cream
Ingredient substitutions and tips for making Ninja Creami Almond Joy Ice Cream:
The full ingredient list is found at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
Chocolate Milk- Whole milk was used for this recipe but lower fat milk can be used instead. The final product may not be as creamy with lower fat milk.
Half and Half- If you don't have half and half, you can use 3 parts whole milk and 1 part heavy cream instead.
Almond Milk Creamer- Silk Sweet and Creamy Almond Milk Creamer was used for this recipe. Any brand can be used but note that it is CREAMER that is used and not milk.
Almond Extract- If you don't have almond extract, you can use vanilla extract. The flavor will be similar but not quite as strong. So, if you use vanilla, use about twice as much.
Cream of Coconut- Coco Real was used for this recipe. You can use Coco Lopez or any other type of cream of coconut. If you prefer a milder coconut flavor, this ingredient can be omitted.
Coconut-Toasted- Sweetened or unsweetened, shredded coconut can be used. It is preferred to use toasted, but you can use untoasted if you prefer.
Almonds-Toasted, slices. It is not recommended to use whole almonds in this recipe as they will be more difficult on the machine and will not break up much during the mix-in process.
Chocolate Chips-Milk chocolate mini chips
Directions for making Ninja Creami Almond Joy Ice Cream:
1. Combine ingredients in a Ninja Creami pint container.
2. Freeze for 24 hours. Make sure the pint container is level in the freezer.
3. After 24 hours, remove from the freezer and put the pint into the outer container. Place into the Ninja Creami machine and process on Ice Cream.
4. Once the process has completed, re-spin once.
Remove the pint from the Ninja Creami machine. Remove lid.
5. Add mix-ins. Add toasted coconut, toasted almonds, and mini chocolate chips (if desired). Place back into the Ninja Creami and process using the mix-ins function.
6. Serve with a bit of toasted coconut and almonds on top as well if desired. Maybe a little chocolate sauce as well!
Pin recipe for later!!
Almond Joy Ice CreamRate this Recipe Print Recipe Pin Recipe
Original and Deluxe Ingredient Measurements
Use the multiplier below to adjust quantities based on the machine that you own. 1X=Original 16 ounce 1.5X=Deluxe 24 ounces
- 1 Cup Chocolate Milk (Whole Chocolate Milk)
- ½ Cup Half and Half
- ¼ Cup Almond Milk Creamer (Silk Sweet & Creamy Almond Milk Creamer)
- ½ Teaspoon Almond extract (Up to 1 Teaspoon can be used based on preference.)
- 1 Tablespoon Cream of Coconut (Coco Real) (Coco Real)
- 1 Teaspoon Coconut (Toasted- Add more if desired)
- 1 Teaspoon Sliced Almonds (Toasted- Add more if desired)
- 1 Teaspoon Chocolate Chips (Mini- Add more if desired)
- Combine ingredients (except the mix-ins) in a Ninja Creami pint container.
- Freeze for 24 hours. Make sure the pint container is level in the freezer.
- After 24 hours, remove from the freezer and put the pint into the outer container. Place into the Ninja Creami machine and process on Ice Cream. Once the process has completed, re-spin once.
- Remove the pint from the Ninja Creami machine. Remove lid.
- Add mix-ins. Add toasted coconut, toasted almonds, and mini chocolate chips (if desired). Place back into the Ninja Creami and process using the mix-ins function.
- Serve with a bit of toasted coconut and almonds on top as well if desired. Maybe a little chocolate sauce as well!
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.
Looking for more recipes? Be sure to check out some of our favorites below!
Tasty Traveler #1
Hi, I’m Lauren but you can call me Tasty Traveler #1!
I have always had a passion for food, cocktails, and travel. It has become more pronounced over the last several years since I have had the opportunity to do so many of the things that I love. One of my favorite co...
Tasty Traveler #2
Hi, I’m Luis! (I like to think of myself as Tasty Traveler #1 but Lauren says I’m Tasty Traveler #2!)
I too have a love for food, travel, and all things in between! Over the past several years I have found more time to be adventurous with things that I eat, the plac...
Leave a Reply