Tips for making Ninja Creami Frozen Hot Chocolate Ice Cream
If you have made ice cream and it just isn’t quite as creami as you would like, you can very easily get it super creami by using the re-spin function on the Ninja Creami. Simply place the pint into the outer bowl and snap it into place. Choose the RE-SPIN function. Once the cycle completes, remove the pint and enjoy! Your gelato should be nice and creamy again. ***Use re-spin on already spun ice cream. If the ice cream has been spun and then frozen again, do not use re-spin, Instead, use the original process (ice cream, gelato, etc.)
It depends. If you are keeping the ice cream in the Ninja pint container with the lid sealed tightly and are freezing it in a cold freezer (between 9 degrees F and -7 degrees F), your ice cream will keep for several weeks, even months. However, if you transfer your ice cream to another container or freeze it in a freezer that is not quite as cold (or that is accessed a lot/door opened and closed often), the lifetime of your ice cream will decrease greatly to just a few days and you will likely end up with freezer-burned ice cream.
Usually, if your ice cream/sorbet comes out dry or crumbly it's due to one of the following reasons:
*Your freezer is too cold. Try to adjust your freezer to be a little warmer or let your ice cream sit on the counter for 5-10 minutes before processing it.
*Your recipe does not have enough fat in it. Try adding in a little bit of a higher fat dairy product to your recipe next time.
*Your recipe may not have enough sugar in it. The less sugar in the recipe, the icier and crumblier the ice cream will be. Regular sugar, honey, or corn syrup can be used to increase the sugar content if desired.
Ingredient substitutions and tips for making Ninja Creami Frozen Hot Chocolate Ice Cream:
Directions for making Ninja Creami Hot Chocolate Ice Cream:
Pin recipe for later!!
Ninja Creami Frozen Hot Chocolate Ice CreamRate this Recipe Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- Combine the chocolate milk, half and half, and creamer in a medium-sized bowl.
- Put the bowl in the microwave and heat on high power in the microwave until milk is hot but not boiling. (Approx 2 minutes.)
- Remove from the microwave and immediately add contents of hot cocoa packet.
- Whisk well until fully combined. (Heating the milk first helps the cocoa combine!).
- Pour fully combined mixture into Creami pint and cool in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Give it one more quick whisk and then place the mixture in the freezer for 24 hours.
- Put the pint container into the Ninja Creami machine and process on Ice Cream.
- Once the process has completed, remove the pint from the Ninja Creami machine.
- Serve with a sprinkling of mini marshmallows if desired.
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.
Looking for more recipes? Be sure to check out some of our favorites below!
Tasty Traveler #1
Hi, I’m Lauren but you can call me Tasty Traveler #1!
I have always had a passion for food, cocktails, and travel. It has become more pronounced over the last several years since I have had the opportunity to do so many of the things that I love. One of my favorite co...
Tasty Traveler #2
Hi, I’m Luis! (I like to think of myself as Tasty Traveler #1 but Lauren says I’m Tasty Traveler #2!)
I too have a love for food, travel, and all things in between! Over the past several years I have found more time to be adventurous with things that I eat, the plac...