Check out our recipe for Ninja Creami Frozen Yogurt!
Frozen yogurt could not be any easier to make using the Ninja Creami! And..it's super easy to customize and change up the flavors!
This recipe calls for 1 ingredient...your favorite yogurt! You probably already have it in your refrigerator! If you would like, you can use fancy flavored yogurts or add additional flavors to the yogurt on your own to create your favorite flavor of frozen yogurt!
Alright, so I wasn't exactly sure how this one was going to turn out. I'll be the first to admit that I don't normally like yogurt. There's something about the texture and flavor that throws it off for me. But, my daughter loves yogurt and eats it by the gallon lol. Since I already had the yogurt in the refrigerator, I figured I'd give it a try in the Ninja Creami to see how it would turn out.
Let me tell you...I'm now a fan of yogurt! Seriously, I'm so impressed with the way it turned out. The flavor is AMAZING! It seems to taste much sweeter than just eating regular yogurt on its own. And the texture was great! It's smooth and creamy just like regular frozen yogurt that you would buy from a frozen yogurt shop. The yogurt is a little "Icier" than traditional ice cream, but still great...and better than I was expecting.
It would also be super easy to make flavored frozen yogurt either by just using already flavored yogurt or adding in fresh fruit before or after it has been frozen. I'm going to be experimenting with flavors soon! I can't wait to see how it turns out!
Tips for making Ninja Creami Frozen Yogurt
If the yogurt is icy or has a grainy texture, it's likely due to your freezer being very cold or a low because the yogurt has a low sugar or fat content. Just put the pint back into the outer bowl and insert it back into the Ninja Creami machine. Select the RE-SPIN function and re-spin one or two times.
Yes! You can. After the yogurt has completed the LITE ICE CREAM process, take the inner bowl out of the Ninja Creami and add whatever mix-ins you would like to the center of the pint of frozen yogurt. If necessary, create a hole or tunnel down the center to make room for the mix-ins. Place the inner bowl with the pint in it, into the Ninja Creami machine and select the mix-ins process.
While I've only experimented with one yogurt so far, any brand or flavor should work great. Even lite yogurts should work. Just be sure to use the LITE ICE CREAM process when making it in the Ninja Creami.
You sure can! But...you will need to use 2 pint containers instead of one. You always want to make sure that the pint containers are only filled up to the max fill line and not any more than that. In order for the frozen yogurt to turn out creamy, it needs to be mixed by the machine after freezing. If you overfill the pint, the machine is going to have a hard time mixing it and the result will not be as expected.
It depends. If you are keeping the yogurt in the Ninja pint container with the lid sealed tightly and are freezing it in a cold freezer (between 9 degrees F and -7 degrees F), your yogurt will keep for several weeks, even months. However, if you transfer your yogurt to another container or freeze it in a freezer that is not quite as cold (or that is accessed a lot/door opened and closed often), the lifetime of your yogurt will decrease greatly to just a few days and you will likely end up with freezer-burned frozen yogurt.
Never miss a recipe! Subscribe to have FREE recipes sent straight to your inbox!
Looking for more recipes? Check out some of my newest recipes!
- Ninja Creami Mint Chocolate Chip Protein Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Strawberry Cheesecake Cottage Cheese Protein Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Chocolate Protein Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Caramel White Chocolate Mocha Protein Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Caramel Banana Chocolate Chip Protein Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Strawberry Banana Protein Ice Cream
Ingredient substitutions and tips for making Ninja Creami Frozen Yogurt:
The full ingredient list is found at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
Yogurt- I used vanilla yogurt but any brand or flavor that you would like.
Directions for making Ninja Creami Frozen Yogurt:
1. Pour 16 ounces of yogurt into a Ninja Creami pint container and freeze on a level surface in a cold freezer for a full 24 hours.
2. After 24 hours, remove the pint from the freezer. Remove the lid.
3. Place the Ninja Creami pint into the outer bowl. Place the outer bowl with the pint in it, into the Ninja Creami machine and turn until the outer bowl locks into place. Push the LITE ICE CREAM button. During the LITE ICE CREAM function, the yogurt will mix together and become creamy. This should take approximately 2 minutes.
4. Once the LITE ICE CREAM function has ended, turn the outer bowl and release it from the Ninja Creami machine.
5. Your frozen yogurt is ready to eat! Enjoy!
Pin recipe for later!!
Ninja Creami Frozen YogurtRate this Recipe Print Recipe Pin Recipe
Original and Deluxe Ingredient Measurements
Use the multiplier below to adjust quantities based on the machine that you own. 1X=Original 16 ounce 1.5X=Deluxe 24 ounces
- 16 Ounces Vanilla Yogurt
- Pour 16 ounces of yogurt into a Ninja Creami pint container and freeze on a level surface in a cold freezer for a full 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, remove the pint from the freezer. Remove the lid.
- Place the Ninja Creami pint into the outer bowl. Place the outer bowl with the pint in it, into the Ninja Creami machine and turn until the outer bowl locks into place. Push the LITE ICE CREAM button. During the LITE ICE CREAM function, the yogurt will mix together and become creamy. This should take approximately 2 minutes.
- Once the LITE ICE CREAM function has ended, turn the outer bowl and release it from the Ninja Creami machine.
- Yourfrozen yogurt is ready to eat! Enjoy!
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.
Looking for more recipes? Be sure to check out some of our favorites below!
Tasty Traveler #1
Hi, I’m Lauren but you can call me Tasty Traveler #1!
I have always had a passion for food, cocktails, and travel. It has become more pronounced over the last several years since I have had the opportunity to do so many of the things that I love. One of my favorite co...
Tasty Traveler #2
Hi, I’m Luis! (I like to think of myself as Tasty Traveler #1 but Lauren says I’m Tasty Traveler #2!)
I too have a love for food, travel, and all things in between! Over the past several years I have found more time to be adventurous with things that I eat, the plac...
I was wondering if yoghurt is measured in ounces or fluid ounces, i.e. do you use 454 g of yoghurt, or rather - 490 g?
It's really about the volume of the yogurt and not the weight. So, the Ninja Creami pint container is a pint, which is 2 cups, which is 16 ounces. The pint container should be filled up to the max fill line.
I did the Greek yogurt with 1/2apple pie filling was left over from making breakfast mini for my husband lunch..I added some extra cinnamon and alittle almost milk when I mixed to make it extra creamie ... will do again
Can you use Greek yogurt
Yes, you can use greek yogurt. I have used several different yogurts and it turns out great every time!!
For a really low sugar treat, use yogurt that is sugar free or only 1 or 2 grams per 6 ounces. Add chopped frozen fruit before freezing and, if you prefer, Splenda. This makes a really spectacular dessert that scoops out like ice cream but is creamy and smooth. Highly recommend!
I tried this with yogurt cups and it just turned to powder..
Check the temperature of your freezer. Usually when it does this its because it’s too cold. Let it sit on the counter for a couple of minutes and then rem spin it.