Check out our recipe for Ninja Creami Italian Ice!
Italian Ice could not be any easier to make using the Ninja Creami! And..it’s super easy to customize and change up the flavors!
This recipe calls for 1 ingredient…lemonade. You probably already have it in your refrigerator! If you would like, you can use fancy flavored lemonades or add additional flavors to the lemonade on your own to create your favorite flavor of Italian Ice!
Be careful to keep an eye on the sugar content of the lemonade that you are using. If the lemonade is very tart, the Italian ice will also be very tart. If the lemonade is overly sweet, the Italian Ice will be just as sweet.
Because there is no added fat or dairy in this recipe, you will need to re-spin the Ninja Creami to accomplish a fully combined, Italian Ice texture. If you don’t re-spin, the result will be very icy and not consistent throughout. If desired, re-spin once or twice to achieve your preferred texture.
Tips for making Ninja Creami Italian Ice
If the Italian Ice is icy or has a grainy texture, (which it will likely have) put the pint back into the outer bowl and insert it back into the Ninja Creami machine. Select the RE-SPIN function and re-spin one or two times. Due to the Italian Ice not having any fat or dairy in it, it will need an extra spin or two to make it less icy and more consistent throughout.
Yes! You can. After the Italian Ice has completed the sorbet process, take the inner bowl out of the Ninja Creami and add whatever mix-ins you would like to the center of the pint of Italian Ice. If necessary, create a hole or tunnel down the center to make room for the mix-ins. Place the inner bowl with the pint in it, into the Ninja Creami machine and select the mix-ins process.
The thicker and denser the fruit, the creamier the sorbet will be. If the sorbet is made using peaches, pineapples, or bananas, the sorbet will be thick and creamy. If the sorbet is made using less dense fruits like watermelon, raspberries, or grapefruit, the result will be less creamy and icier in texture. For more details, check out this post from Serious Eats.
You sure can! But…you will need to use 2 pint containers instead of one. You always want to make sure that the pint containers are only filled up to the max fill line and not any more than that. In order for the sorbet to turn out creamy, it needs to be mixed by the machine after freezing. If you overfill the pint, the machine is going to have a hard time mixing it and the result will not be as expected.
It depends. If you are keeping the Italian Ice in the Ninja pint container with the lid sealed tightly and are freezing it in a cold freezer (between 9 degrees F and -7 degrees F), your Italian Ice will keep for several weeks, even months. However, if you transfer your Italian Ice to another container or freeze it in a freezer that is not quite as cold (or that is accessed a lot/door opened and closed often), the lifetime of your Italian Ice will decrease greatly to just a few days and you will likely end up with freezer-burned Italian Ice.
Ingredient substitutions and tips for making Ninja Creami Italian Ice:
Directions for making Ninja Creami Italian Ice:
Pin recipe for later!!
Ninja Creami Italian IceRate this Recipe Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 16 Ounces Lemonade
- Sugar or your preferred sweetener to taste.
- Water- if the lemonade that you are using is quite tart, use 8 ounces of lemonade and 8 ounces of water instead of 16 ounces of lemonade
- Pour 16 ounces of lemonade (or 8 ounces of lemonade and 8 ounces of water if the lemonade that you are using is quite tart) into a Ninja Creami pint container and freeze on a level surface in a cold freezer for a full 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, remove the pint from the freezer. Remove the lid.
- Place the Ninja Creami pint into the outer bowl. Place the outer bowl with the pint in it, into the Ninja Creami machine and turn until the outer bowl locks into place. Push the SORBET button. During the SORBET function, the sorbet will mix together and become very creamy. This should take approximately 2 minutes.
- Once the SORBET function has ended, turn the outer bowl and release it from the Ninja Creami machine.
- Place the outer bowl with the pint back into the Ninja Creami machine and lock it into place. Choose the RE-SPIN function. Once the Ninja Creami completes the RE-SPIN cycle, remove the outer bowl from the machine. (The machine will not allow you to re-spin without first removing the pint from the machine and then re-inserting it).
- Your Italian Ice is ready to eat! Enjoy!
Looking for more recipes? Be sure to check out some of our favorites below!
Tasty Traveler #1
Hi, I’m Lauren but you can call me Tasty Traveler #1!
I have always had a passion for food, cocktails, and travel. It has become more pronounced over the last several years since I have had the opportunity to do so many of the things that I love. One of my favorite co…
Tasty Traveler #2
Hi, I’m Luis! (I like to think of myself as Tasty Traveler #1 but Lauren says I’m Tasty Traveler #2!)
I too have a love for food, travel, and all things in between! Over the past several years I have found more time to be adventurous with things that I eat, the plac…