Check out our recipe for Ninja Creami Pina Colada Lite Ice Cream
Let me start out by saying that I LOVE all things coconut and one of my favorite drinks of all time is the Pina Coladas!! The combination of the pineapple mixed with coconut is delicious and my favorite!!
So, naturally, when I got the Ninja Creami, I was on a mission to turn my favorite drink into an ice cream treat! There are so many ways to make pina colada ice cream and this version uses the lite ice cream function because there is no added sugar.
Tips for making Ninja Creami Pina Colada Light Ice Cream
You sure can! But…you will need to use 2 pint containers instead of one. You always want to make sure that the pint containers are only filled up to the max fill line and not any more than that. In order for the ice cream to turn out creamy, it needs to be mixed by the machine after freezing. If you overfill the pint, the machine is going to have a hard time mixing it and the result will not be as expected. It’s ok if you go over the max fill line a little bit when adding in the mix-ins after the ice cream has already gone through the lite ice cream function.
If you have made ice cream and it just isn't quite as creami as you would like, or if it started to melt and then was refrozen, you can very easily get it super creami again using the re-spin function on the Ninja Creami. Simply place the pint into the outer bowl and snap it into place. Choose the RE-SPIN function. Once the cycle completes, remove the pint and enjoy! Your ice cream should be nice and creamy again. ***If using the re-spin function on previously frozen and melted ice cream, be sure to smooth out the top so that the ice cream is level and evenly distributed in the pint.
It depends. If you are keeping the ice cream in the Ninja pint container with the lid sealed tightly and are freezing it in a cold freezer (between 9 degrees F and -7 degrees F), your ice cream will keep for several weeks, even months. However, if you transfer your ice cream to another container or freeze it in a freezer that is not quite as cold (or that is accessed a lot/door opened and closed often), the lifetime of your ice cream will decrease greatly to just a few days and you will likely end up with freezer-burned ice cream.
Yes! Feel free to mix it up however you would like. You can use fresh or frozen fruit. If you add the fruit before freezing, the ice cream base will have that fruit flavor. If you add the fruit as a mix, you will end up with small bits of fruit mixed into your flavored ice cream. Be sure to cut the fruit up into bite-sized pieces if you are adding it during the mix-in process. Strawberries or bananas would be delicious added in!!
Yes! You can! And this is great news! You can add in rum and it will be more like a real Pina Colada!! Simply replace about an ounce of coconut cream with the rum and follow all other instructions. DO NOT add more than about an ounce of rum or the ice cream will not freeze to the desired temperature and you will end up with more of a slush than ice cream.
- Win 1 of 20 Ninja® Foodi® 14-in-1 8-qt. XL Pressure Cooker Steam Fryer with SmartLid™
- Ninja Creami Brownie Cookie Surprise Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami The Old Goat Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Caramel Mocha Oreo Crumble Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Banana Chocolate Chip Lite Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Peaches and Cream Oatmeal Gelato
Ingredient substitutions and tips for making Ninja Creami Pina Colada Light Ice Cream:
Directions for making Ninja Creami Pina Colada Light Ice Cream:
Pin recipe for later!!
Ninja Creami Pina Colada Light Ice CreamRate this Recipe Print Recipe Pin Recipe
Ice Cream Base
- 1 ¼ Cups Coconut Cream (Canned-Unsweetened)
- ½ Cup Pineapple (Canned tidbits- small pieces)
- 1 Tablespoon Toasted Coconut (Coconut can be "toasted" by browning it in a small skillet on the stovetop for about 3 minutes over medium heat. )
- 1 Tablespoon Pineapple (Chopped)
- 1 Ounce Rum (Reduce coconut cream by 1 ounce if you are adding rum.)
- Pour coconut cream and pineapple into an empty Ninja Creami pint container and freeze for 24 hours. There is no need to stir it before freezing it.
- After 24 hours, remove the pint from the freezer. Remove the lid.
- Once the lite ice cream function has ended, turn the outer bowl and release it from the Ninja Creami machine.
- Using a spoon, create a hole through the center of the ice cream that goes from top to bottom. This hole is where you will add the mix-ins. Add in 1 tablespoon of toasted coconut and 1 tablespoon of chopped pineapple.
- Place the outer bowl with the pint back into the Ninja Creami machine and lock it into place. Choose the MIX-IN function.
- Once the Ninja Creami completes the MIX-IN cycle, remove the outer bowl from the machine.
- Your ice cream is ready to eat! Enjoy!
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.
Looking for more recipes? Be sure to check out some of our favorites below!
Tasty Traveler #1
Hi, I’m Lauren but you can call me Tasty Traveler #1!
I have always had a passion for food, cocktails, and travel. It has become more pronounced over the last several years since I have had the opportunity to do so many of the things that I love. One of my favorite co...
Tasty Traveler #2
Hi, I’m Luis! (I like to think of myself as Tasty Traveler #1 but Lauren says I’m Tasty Traveler #2!)
I too have a love for food, travel, and all things in between! Over the past several years I have found more time to be adventurous with things that I eat, the plac...