Check out our recipe for Ninja Creami Raspberry White Chocolate Truffle Ice Cream!
When I heard that Ninja was coming out with a frozen dessert maker…..I was SOOO EXCITED, I just had to try it!
Who else loves ice cream??? We sure do! Ice cream is the most commonly eaten dessert around our house. Luis absolutely loves all things that have raspberries in them, so I made raspberry ice cream and added in some white chocolate truffles. Thanks to the addition of a small amount of cream cheese in this recipe, it came out super creamy!
The base for this ice cream is a mild, not overly sweet, raspberry ice cream. The mix-ins are fresh raspberries and white chocolate truffles. Raspberries and white chocolate go really well together since the raspberries a little tart and the white chocolate has a mild flavor and a super smooth texture.
Tips for making Ninja Creami Raspberry White Chocolate Truffle Ice Cream
If you want to kick up the raspberry flavor a few notches, add in a small amount of raspberry extract. Extracts are very strong in flavor, so a little goes a long way. You can also use frozen raspberries instead of fresh ones. Frozen fruit tends sometimes has a more concentrated flavor than fresh fruit.
If you have made ice cream and it just isn’t quite as creami as you would like, or if it started to melt and then was refrozen, you can very easily get it super creami again using the re-spin function on the Ninja Creami. Simply place the pint into the outer bowl and snap it into place. Choose the RE-SPIN function. Once the cycle completes, remove the pint and enjoy! Your ice cream should be nice and creamy again. ***If using the re-spin function on previously frozen and melted ice cream, be sure to smooth out the top so that the ice cream is level and evenly distributed in the pint.
Yes! Feel free to substitute the dairy for your favorite non-dairy milk.
You sure can! But…you will need to use 2 pint containers instead of one. You always want to make sure that the pint containers are only filled up to the max fill line and not any more than that. In order for the ice cream to turn out creamy, it needs to be mixed by the machine after freezing. If you overfill the pint, the machine is going to have a hard time mixing it and the result will not be as expected. It’s ok if you go over the max fill line a little bit when adding in the mix-ins after the ice cream has already gone through the ice cream function.
It depends. If you are keeping the ice cream in the Ninja pint container with the lid sealed tightly and are freezing it in a cold freezer (between 9 degrees F and -7 degrees F), your ice cream will keep for several weeks, even months. However, if you transfer your ice cream to another container or freeze it in a freezer that is not quite as cold (or that is accessed a lot/door opened and closed often), the lifetime of your ice cream will decrease greatly to just a few days and you will likely end up with freezer-burned ice cream.
Ingredient substitutions and tips for making Ninja Creami Raspberry White Chocolate Truffle Ice Cream:
Directions for making Ninja Creami Raspberry White Chocolate Truffle Ice Cream:
Pin recipe for later!!
Ninja Creami Raspberry White Truffle Ice CreamRate this Recipe Print Recipe Pin Recipe
Ice Cream Base
- ¼ Cup Raspberries (Cut in half)
- 3 White Chocolate Truffles (Cut in quarters)
- Add in the heavy whipping cream and milk. Whisk until all ingredients have combined well. This may take a minute or two because the raspberry preserves mixture is quite thick.
- Add in ½ of the raspberries that have been cut in half. This will be about 6-8 raspberries based on the size.
- Once all ingredients have been added (except the mix-ins) pour into an empty Ninja Creami pint container and freeze for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, remove the pint from the freezer. Remove the lid.
- Once the ice cream function has ended, turn the outer bowl and release it from the Ninja Creami machine.
- Using a spoon, create a hole through the center of the ice cream that goes from top to bottom. This hole is where you will add the mix-ins. Add in the ¼ cup of raspberries and 3 white chocolate truffles. Be sure to cut the raspberries in ½ and the truffles in ¼. These mix-ins will not get broken into smaller pieces during the mix-in function so you want to make sure they are in pretty small pieces.
- Place the outer bowl with the pint back into the Ninja Creami machine and lock it into place. Choose the MIX-IN function.
- Once the Ninja Creami completes the MIX-IN cycle, remove the outer bowl from the machine.
- Your ice cream is ready to eat! Enjoy!
Looking for more recipes? Be sure to check out some of our favorites below!
Tasty Traveler #1
Hi, I’m Lauren but you can call me Tasty Traveler #1!
I have always had a passion for food, cocktails, and travel. It has become more pronounced over the last several years since I have had the opportunity to do so many of the things that I love. One of my favorite co…
Tasty Traveler #2
Hi, I’m Luis! (I like to think of myself as Tasty Traveler #1 but Lauren says I’m Tasty Traveler #2!)
I too have a love for food, travel, and all things in between! Over the past several years I have found more time to be adventurous with things that I eat, the plac…