Check out our recipe for Ninja Foodi Beefy Cheesy Goodness Sandwiches!
I made this recipe on a whim. I had a taste for an Italian beef sandwich and steak fajitas....so I sort of combined the two and came up with an amazingly delicious sandwich that I am calling Beefy Cheesy Goodness...because that's exactly what it is!! I'm not going to lie, I was pretty darn pleased with myself after I made this creation! It was seriously so good! I will definitely be making this again!!
The ooey gooey cheesy goodness combined with the tender stew meat and vegetables came together beautifully...although a bit messy. Unlike other sandwiches, you don't need to pile on the beef filling as much as you might think...a lot goes a long way! I of course was so excited that I piled it super high....and it kind of oozed out all over the plate.
If you want your stew meat to fall apart, pressure cook it for 22 minutes. If you want more of a bite (still super tender) to the stew meat, cook it for 18 minutes. Either way, you can't go wrong.
Tips for making Ninja Foodi Beefy Cheesy Goodness Sandwiches
Yes, you can. However, you will not be able to brown the meat on all sides before pressure cooking it. Browning helps to lock in some of the moisture so the end product may not be quite as juicy and flavorful.
Yes! You can double this recipe. When doubling, double all ingredients except the beef broth. Instead of doubling the beef broth, only add an additional ½ cup.
Technically, yes. But, the beef broth adds so much extra flavor to the stew. If you use water, the flavor will be more "watered down" and not as rich and delicious.
You sure can. Honestly, the beefy cheesy mixture is so good that it would be perfect served in tortillas...almost like fajitas but way easier! Or, you can serve on rice or pasta. The flavor is so rich and delicious that you could even just eat it all by itself!
To get super tender, fall apart beef stew meat, pressure cook for 22 minutes instead of 18. 18 minutes will create a very tender piece of meat, but it will not fall apart as easily as the meat that is pressure cooked for 22 minutes. ALWAYS natural release the pressure for at least 10 minutes when cooking beef stew meat. Trust me, this makes a difference!!
Ingredient substitutions and tips for making Ninja Foodi Beefy Cheesy Goodness Sandwiches:
Directions for making Ninja Foodi Beefy Cheesy Goodness Sandwiches:
Pin recipe for later!!
Beefy Cheesy Goodness SandwichesRate this Recipe Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 pounds Beef Stew Meat (Cut into 1-2 inch chunks)
- 1 small Onion (Cut to your preferred size. I diced the onions but you can cut into bigger chunks or slices based on your preference.)
- 1 tablespoon Garlic (Minced)
- 1 tablespoon A-1 Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 cup Beef Broth or Au jus
- 1 Green Pepper (Sliced)
- 12 ounces Mushrooms (Sliced)
- 12 ounces Mozzarella Cheese (Shredded- Seperated into 8 ounces and 4 ounces)
Bread and Garlic Butter
- 8 Sandwich Rolls
- 1 tablespoon Garlic (Minced)
- 4 tablespoons Butter (Softened)
- Turn Ninja Foodi on saute for 15 minutes.
- Once the Ninja Foodi is hot, add Olive Oil.
- Add the beef stew meat and sear on all sides. Lightly season the beef with salt and pepper if desired.
- Add onions and saute until lightly browned. Be sure to gently scrape the bottom of the pot to make sure that any browned on bits of meat are not stuck on.
- Close the pressure cooking lid and move the valve to the seal position. Pressure cook on high for 18 minutes.
- Once the timer is finished, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes and then quick release any remaining pressure.
- Once the pressure has been released, open the pressure cooking lid.
- Stir well. The meat should start to break up into smaller pieces a bit. That's ok. It's actually better for adding to the sandwich.
- Turn on saute for 5 minutes, add in mushrooms and green peppers and stir well.
- Once vegetables have softened up a bit, add mozzarella cheese and stir well.
- Scoop the beef and vegetable mixture into the sandwich rolls and top with cheese! If desired, you can broil the sandwiches for 5 minutes to fully melt and brown the cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.
Looking for more recipes? Be sure to check out some of our favorites below!
Tasty Traveler #1
Hi, I’m Lauren but you can call me Tasty Traveler #1!
I have always had a passion for food, cocktails, and travel. It has become more pronounced over the last several years since I have had the opportunity to do so many of the things that I love. One of my favorite co...
Tasty Traveler #2
Hi, I’m Luis! (I like to think of myself as Tasty Traveler #1 but Lauren says I’m Tasty Traveler #2!)
I too have a love for food, travel, and all things in between! Over the past several years I have found more time to be adventurous with things that I eat, the plac...