Check out our recipe for Ninja Foodi Mac and Cheese
One of the most popular comfort food side dishes has to be mac and cheese! It's the perfect side dish, or even main dish and everyone loves it...especially kids! Even though it's not difficult to make, we often find ourselves making the boxed version either with a powdered or liquid cheese sauce. Well, with the help of the Ninja Foodi, things just got easier and even more delicious!
Ninja Foodi mac and cheese can be made with a variety of cheeses and pasta. Heck, I've even added veggies! For this recipe, my noodle of choice was the large macaroni noodle and I used a combination of cheeses, including sharp cheddar cheese. But, you can use any pasta, including whole-wheat or gluten-free pasta (cook time will need to be adjusted for these types of pasta), and any cheese. You can even change things up and use gruyere, gouda, parmesan cheese, fontina, or Monterey jack cheese!
Homemade mac and cheese even makes great leftovers that are perfect for a snack the next day! If you have leftovers, you'll need to add some additional milk to increase the creaminess.
Tips for making Ninja Foodi Mac and Cheese
Mac and cheese has a lot of starch from the pasta, especially if making a no drain recipe like this one. To increase the creaminess, add a little extra milk. When reheating, you'll need to add about ½ cup of milk based on the amount of leftovers.
Yes! You can double this recipe. When doubling, double all ingredients except the chicken broth. Instead of doubling the chicken broth, only add an additional 3 cups instead of 4 cups.
Technically, yes. But, the chicken broth adds so much extra flavor to the pasta. If you use water, the flavor will be more "watered down" and not as rich and delicious.
No problem! Simply use this calculation for al dente pasta: Take the recommended cooking time that is on the box of pasta and divide by 2 and then subtract 2. Pressure cook for that many minutes. For example, if the box recommends 10 minutes of cook time, divide 10 by 2=5. Subtract 2. 5-2=3. Pressure cook for 3 minutes.
If you prefer your pasta cooked a little more: Take the recommended cooking time that is on the box of pasta and divide by 2 and then subtract 1. Pressure cook for that many minutes. For example, if the box recommends 10 minutes of cook time, divide 10 by 2=5. Subtract 1. 5-1=4. Pressure cook for 4 minutes.
If you prefer your pasta completely cooked and tender: Take the recommended cooking time that is on the box of pasta and divide by 2. Pressure cook for that many minutes. For example, if the box recommends 10 minutes of cook time, divide 10 by 2=5. Pressure cook for 5 minutes.
The most commonly used cheese for mac and cheese is cheddar. It has a great flavor and melts into a creamy sauce easily. I like to use different types of cheddar; sharp, mild, white, etc.. Monterey jack and colby jack are great additons to mac and cheese for the same reasons.
- Ninja Creami Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream
- Win a Ninja™ CREAMi® 7-in-1 Ice Cream Maker 7/18/2022-7/25/2022
- Ninja™ Foodi™ NeverDull™ Premium 17-Piece Knife Block Set Giveaway 07/04/2022-07/11/2022
- Ninja Creami Banana Sweet Cream Ice Cream
- Win a Ninja® Foodi® Smart XL Pro Grill & Griddle 06/20/2022-06/27/2022
Ingredient substitutions and tips for making Ninja Foodi Mac and Cheese
Directions for making Ninja Foodi Mac and Cheese:
Pin the recipe on Pinterest for later!!
Ninja Foodi Mac and CheeseRate this Recipe Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 16 Ounces Elbow Macaroni (Large)
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- ¾ Cup Milk
- 2 Cups Cheddar Cheese (8 ounces-Shredded-I used a mixture of mild cheddar, sharp cheddar, and white cheddar, but any cheddar cheese can be used.)
- ¼ Cup Mozzarella Cheese (1 ounce-Shredded)
- ¼ Cup Provolone Cheese (1 ounce-Shredded)
- Close pressure cooking lid, and move valve to the seal position. Pressure cook on high for 2-3 minutes.*If you are using a different shape of pasta, follow these instructions to determine the proper pressure cooking time: Take the recommended cooking time that is on the box of pasta and divide by 2 and then subtract 2. Pressure cook for that many minutes. For example, if the box recommends 10 minutes of cook time, divide 10 by 2=5. Subtract 2. 5-2=3. Pressure cook for 3 minutes.
- Once the timer beeps and the Ninja Foodi is finished pressure cooking, move the valve to the vent position and quick release the pressure. If a lot of liquid starts to come out of the Ninja Foodi, close the vent, wait 3-5 minutes and then try to release the pressure again. Continue to do this until all pressure has been released.
- Add the butter and stir until melted and well combined.
- Add ½ of the cheese and ½ of the milk. Stir until well combined.
- Continue to add cheese and milk a little at a time, stirring frequently. You may want more or less milk based on your preference. Adjust accordingly.
- It's time to eat! Enjoy!!
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.
Looking for more recipes? Be sure to check out some of our favorites below!
Tasty Traveler #1
Hi, I’m Lauren but you can call me Tasty Traveler #1!
I have always had a passion for food, cocktails, and travel. It has become more pronounced over the last several years since I have had the opportunity to do so many of the things that I love. One of my favorite co...
Tasty Traveler #2
Hi, I’m Luis! (I like to think of myself as Tasty Traveler #1 but Lauren says I’m Tasty Traveler #2!)
I too have a love for food, travel, and all things in between! Over the past several years I have found more time to be adventurous with things that I eat, the plac...