Check out our recipe for making Ninja Foodi Corned Beef and Cabbage!
I LOVE corned beef and cabbage and am so excited to share our corned beef and cabbage Ninja Foodi recipe with you all!!! This is a very basic recipe..no bells and whistles! Just good, tender, juicy corned beef!
I literally hunt down restaurants that serve corned beef and call ahead to make sure that they have it before going to the restaurant. Why is corned beef soooo good? There is no reason that you should only eat this delicious cut of meat around St. Patrick’s day or at a restaurant. You can make corned beef and cabbage on a more regular basis at home!
Usually, I am super impatient and cannot seem to wait long enough to eat it….because it takes sooo long to cook! I have always made corned beef and cabbage in the crock pot and it took about 8 hours to fully cook it until tender.
I have great news for anybody else that is impatient when it comes to corned beef…..you can cook it in the Ninja Foodi……to all of its tender goodness….in only 90 minutes! What??? For real? Yes!!!!
The best way to cook corned beef is in a pressure cooker! It turns out more flavorful and tender than even a crock pot makes it. I hope you like our corned beef and cabbage Ninja Foodi recipe as much as we do!!
Tips for making Ninja Foodi Corned Beef and Cabbage
Yes! Be patient! Be sure to naturally release the pressure. If you quick release the pressure, the corned beef will not be as tender.
No. The vegetables take substantially less time to cook than the corned beef does. Add in the vegetables at the end. If you add the vegetables and cook for the full 90 minutes, they will be way overcooked.
Slice the corned beef diagonal across the grain of the meat. If you slice the meat with the grain, it will be chewy and stringy.
When cooking the vegetables, place the cabbage on top of the potatoes and carrots. The steam will cook the cabbage and it will not be overcooked from being in the water.
How good does our homemade corned beef hash look?? You seriously need to try this with any leftover corned beef that you might have…..or do what I do and just make an extra corned beef!!! Yummmm!! Check out our recipe here!
Ingredients substitutions and tips for making Ninja Foodi Corned Beef and Cabbage
Directions for making Ninja Foodi Corned Beef and Cabbage
Pin recipe for later!!
Corned Beef and Cabbage- Basic Ninja Foodi RecipeRate this Recipe Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- Pre-packaged corned beef with spice packet- any size will do. I used a 3 pound corned beef
- 6-8 large carrots-cut into 3 inch pieces
- 1 head of cabbage- quartered
- 6 red potatoes-quartered
- 1 tablespoon of garlic-minced
- 4 cups of water
- Place corned beef on top of trivet- I rinse my corned beef first.
- Pour in 4 cups of water.
- Sprinkle spice packet on top of corned beef.
- Top corned beef with garlic and spread around on the top.
- Close pressure cooking lid-set valve to "seal" and cook on high pressure for 90 minutes
- When timer beeps, natural release pressure for 15 minutes and then release ther remaining pressure manually.
- Open lid and remove corned beef- set aside.
- Add potatoes, carrots and cabbage to remaining water in the Ninja Foodi.
- Close pressure cooking lid-set valve to "seal" and cook on high pressure 2-4 minutes based on your preference.
- When timer beeps, quick release pressure and open lid.
- It's time to eat! Enjoy!
Looking for more recipes? Be sure to check out some of our favorites below!
Tasty Traveler #1
Hi, I’m Lauren but you can call me Tasty Traveler #1!
I have always had a passion for food, cocktails, and travel. It has become more pronounced over the last several years since I have had the opportunity to do so many of the things that I love. One of my favorite co…
Tasty Traveler #2
Hi, I’m Luis! (I like to think of myself as Tasty Traveler #1 but Lauren says I’m Tasty Traveler #2!)
I too have a love for food, travel, and all things in between! Over the past several years I have found more time to be adventurous with things that I eat, the plac…