Check out our recipe for Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken
My sister Tammy recently came to visit and requested to have a creamy chicken dish. After looking aimlessly online for quite some time, I came across a recipe that sounded really good to both of us! This is my interpretation, with some tweaks, of a similar recipe that I found on Simply Delicious Food.
Creamy garlic parmesan chicken is a pretty easy recipe to make that does not call for a ton of ingredients. I actually had them all on hand which was a major bonus!
Everyone really loved the recipe, and especially loved the sauce. My version of the recipe makes plenty of sauce to ladle over pasta, rice or potatoes. The chicken comes out super tender and moist, and the creamy cheesy sauce came out PERFECT!
One of the really nice things about this recipe is that it is super easy to modify based on your taste. If you really love garlic, as we do, you can add extra. If you don't like mushrooms, you can use another vegetable, or completely omit it. If you really love cheese, you can add extra.
Tips for making Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken
Yes, you can. However, if the chicken is thicker than ½-3/4 inch thick, it will take substantially longer to cook. You will also need to add several minutes to the cooking time to compensate for the chicken being frozen.
Yes! You can double this recipe or cut it in half. Simply, double or cut in half ALL ingredients. The cook time will remain the same.
Feel free to leave out the mushrooms or substitute them with another vegetable. Asparagus or broccoli would go really well with this recipe!
Ingredient substitutions and tips for making Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken:
Directions for making Creamy Garlic Parmesan Chicken:
Pin recipe for later!!
Creamy Garlic Parmesan ChickenRate this Recipe Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 6 Chicken Breasts (Boneless and skinless- Use a meat mallet to pound the chicken breasts out until they are uniform in thickness- about ½-3/4 inch thick throughout. )
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic (Minced- this is about 6 cloves of garlic)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper (Black)
- 12 Ounces Mushrooms (Sliced)
- 1 Teaspoon Thyme (Dried)
- ¼ Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes (Can be omitted)
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Zest
- ¾ Cup Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
- ½ Cup Parmesan Cheese (Shredded)
- Using a meat mallet, pound out the boneless skinless chicken breasts until they are uniform in size and about ½-3/4 of an inch thick.
- Place the chicken into a large saucepan and cook on medium heat for 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Once browned, flip the chicken over and cook the other side until lightly browned. Once all of the chicken is browned on both sides, remove it from the pan and place it on a plate or bowl until later. You aren't fully cooking the chicken in this step. Instead, you are just browning it.
- Using the same pan, add 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil and 12 ounces of mushrooms. Cook on medium heat until the mushrooms are cooked and browned, stirring periodically.
- Add in the heavy cream, lemon juice, lemon zest, and grated parmesan cheese. Stir for 3 minutes or until the cheese has incorporated into the sauce well.
- Add the chicken breasts back into the pan with the sauce and cook for 5-10 minutes, or until the chicken has completely cooked through. Top with the shredded parmesan cheese.
- Serve with your favorite side dishes. We love to serve Creamy Parmesan Garlic Chicken with pasta or mashed potatoes. Ladle the sauce right on top! Yummmmm!
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.
Looking for more recipes? Be sure to check out some of our favorites below!
Tasty Traveler #1
Hi, I’m Lauren but you can call me Tasty Traveler #1!
I have always had a passion for food, cocktails, and travel. It has become more pronounced over the last several years since I have had the opportunity to do so many of the things that I love. One of my favorite co...
Tasty Traveler #2
Hi, I’m Luis! (I like to think of myself as Tasty Traveler #1 but Lauren says I’m Tasty Traveler #2!)
I too have a love for food, travel, and all things in between! Over the past several years I have found more time to be adventurous with things that I eat, the plac...