This is a kid favorite meal. I started making this recipe by using the premade simmer sauces that come in the packet from the grocery store and the kids absolutely loved it! They actually requested this meal on a weekly basis. Based on the simple ingredients, I thought I’d give it a go without the premade sauce packet and make it from scratch. After several attempts, I came up with the perfect recipe that comes out super cheesy…just the way Kaleigh likes it!
Tips for this recipe:
1.Don’t cut up your broccoli too small. The broccoli will break up during cooking and stirring. If you cut the broccoli too small it will basically disintegrate. If you prefer larger pieces of broccoli, wait to add it until you remove the lid at the end. The heat from the rice and chicken mixture will cook the broccoli.
2.Brown your chicken before adding to the pot. I did not do this. The kids prefer the smoother texture of the chicken when it is not browned. Browning the chicken will add a little extra flavor and will make for a nicer presentation.
3.Super Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli with Rice tastes better than it looks. Trust me! It’s gooey cheesy goodness in all its glory!
How to make Instant Pot Super Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli with Rice
- Coat Instant Pot insert with 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Add chicken broth
- Add long grain white rice
- Add salt and pepper
- Add chicken
- Add broccoli
- Place lid on Instant Pot and set to high. Cook for 10 minutes with valve set to “seal.”
- When timer ends, move valve to “vent” and quick release all pressure.
- Open Instant Pot
- Add cheese and stir
Woo Hoo! Your Instant Pot Super Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli with Rice is ready to eat. This is a great one-pot meal. There’s no need to make additional sides or anything. Your whole meal is in one pot!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 – 14.5 ounce cans of chicken broth
- 1 cup of long grain white rice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless skinless breasts cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 ½ cups of broccoli cut- you can use fresh or frozen
- 2 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
Instant Pot Super Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli with RiceRate this Recipe Print Recipe Pin Recipe