Check out our recipe for making Ninja Foodi cheese dip! The best part....there's only 3 ingredients!
We are huge cheese lovers at our house! My recent obsession is queso! If we go out and it's on the menu....we are definitely ordering it!! There's a cute little Mexican restaurant nearby that serves their queso with chorizo! When I first ordered it I wasn't sure that I was going to like it. I didn't like it...I LOVED it!! So much so that I went back twice the next week just so that I could order it again!
I'm sure that you've probably heard of Rotel and Velveeta dip and likely eaten it or made it yourself. Well, this is our take on Rotel and Velveeta dip with the addition of delicious chorizo, all made in your Ninja Foodi!
Tips for making Ninja Foodi Cheese Dip
Yes, you can... However, this recipe uses Velveeta because it is super creamy and smooth. I recommend using the block of Velveeta instead of shredded Velveeta. The shredded Velveeta is more likely to burn to the bottom of the pot since it will melt faster.
The cheese dip will quickly harden a bit once it starts to cool. If this happens, simply add a little milk and stir. About ¼ cup should do the trick.
Refrigerate your leftovers for 3-4 days. When you are ready to eat, add a little milk and microwave in 30-second increments, stirring in between.
You can substitute petite diced canned tomatoes and canned green chilis for the Rotel. The tomatoes will be in the canned vegetable aisle and the canned green chilis will be in the Mexican or Hispanic aisle of your grocery store.
Yes! It's super fast. Since you will be cooking the chorizo before pressure cooking, and the Rotel doesn't need to really cook, you are just melting the Velveeta during the pressure cooking cycle.
Never miss another recipe! Subscribe to have free recipes sent straight to your inbox!
Looking for more recipes?
Check out some of my newest recipes!
Ingredient substitutions and tips for making Ninja Foodi Cheese Dip
Directions for making Ninja Foodi Cheese Dip
Pin recipe for later!!
Ninja Foodi Cheese DipRate this Recipe Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 32 ounces Velveeta Cheese (block cheese)
- 20 ounces Rotel tomatoes with green chilis (2-10 ounce cans with all liquid. Do not drain tomatoes from liquid.)
- 9 ounces Chorizo (ground, spicy or mild will work)
- Turn Ninja Foodi on sauté-hi
- Add chorizo to Ninja Foodi and sauté until fully cooked. Chorizo should be crumbly and browned. Be sure to stir regularly so that the chorizo does not stick to the bottom of the pot. If your chorizo starts to stick to the bottom of the pot, use a plastic spatula to gently scrape it off.
- Add Rotel tomatoes and chilis and stir until combined.
- Add in Velveeta cheese. DO NOT STIR! If you stir after you have added the cheese, the cheese is likely to stick to the bottom of the pot and burn.
- Close pressure cooking lid. Move valve to "seal" position. Pressure cook on high for 1 minute.
- Once the timer beeps, move the valve to the "vent" position and quick release pressure. If liquid starts to come out of the valve, close the valve and let pressure naturally release for 3-5 minutes and then quick release remaining pressure.
- Stir everything together until well combined.
- Serve with your chips, tortillas or veggies. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.
Looking for more recipes? Be sure to check out some of our favorites below!
Tasty Traveler #1
Hi, I’m Lauren but you can call me Tasty Traveler #1!
I have always had a passion for food, cocktails, and travel. It has become more pronounced over the last several years since I have had the opportunity to do so many of the things that I love. One of my favorite co...
Tasty Traveler #2
Hi, I’m Luis! (I like to think of myself as Tasty Traveler #1 but Lauren says I’m Tasty Traveler #2!)
I too have a love for food, travel, and all things in between! Over the past several years I have found more time to be adventurous with things that I eat, the plac...