Check out our recipe for making Ninja Foodi Grill London Broil!
London Broil is a recipe that is usually saved for a special occasion, but now you can have London Broil anytime you want! This recipe is quick (outside of the marinating time), easy, and uses ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry!
While we used the Ninja Foodi Smart XL grill for this recipe, you can also use the smaller Ninja Foodi Grill to make London Broil. Because of the smaller capacity, you will need to cook a smaller piece of meat, or cut it in half and may need to reduce the cooking time to accommodate.
The key to a good-tasting London broil is all in the marinade/ seasoning you choose. This recipe is an easy one with basic ingredients. So, if I had one piece of advice for you on how to make a really good London Broil...it would be DON"T SKIP THE MARINADE!
The marinade does two things. It adds awesome flavor to the beef but it also helps to tenderize a traditionally tough cut of meat. If you skip the marinade, your meat will be lacking in flavor and it will not be as tender as you'd like.
Tips and Tricks for making Ninja Foodi Grill London Broil
London Broil is flank steak. Depending on where you purchase your meat, it will either be labeled as London Broil or as Flank Steak. They are the same cut of meat, just different names.
Generally speaking, yes, London Broil or Flank Steak is a tough cut of meat and is best served after marinating to tenderize it. The longer you marinate the meat, the more tender it will be. Cutting the meat against the grain will also provide a more tender cut of meat.
The cook time for this recipe is based on a medium-well temperature. Adjust the time according to your preference. Add/subtract a few minutes to the cooking time and check for doneness with 5 minutes left to cook.
To check the temperature of the London Broil, use a meat probe.
Rare= 120-125 degrees Fahrenheit
Medium Rare=130-135 degrees Fahrenheit
Medium=140-145 degrees Fahrenheit
Medium Well= 150-155 degrees Fahrenheit
Well= 160 and up degrees Fahrenheit
To ensure that your London Broil is tender, you can use a meat tenderizer or mallet before cooking it. Be careful not to use the meat mallet too much as you don't want to flatten the meat out too much. Using a meat tenderizer to poke tiny holes into the meat is a great way to tenderize it as the marinade will really soak in. (Some grocery stores will run the piece of meat through their tenderizer for you for free, all you have to do is ask!)
If there is salt in the marinade it will soak into the meat and make it extra tender. The longer you marinate the beef, the more tender it will be...and it adds great flavor too! Once the London Broil has finished cooking, let it rest for 5-10 minutes and then cut it against the grain. Thin slices are recommended.
There are so many options here! Serve it as steak alongside a baked potato and your favorite vegetables. We really like to cut up the leftovers (if there are any) and make steak tacos and fajitas! If you're looking for a healthier option, top a freshly made salad with thinly sliced London Broil!
- Win 1 of 20 Ninja® Foodi® 14-in-1 8-qt. XL Pressure Cooker Steam Fryer with SmartLid™
- Ninja Creami Brownie Cookie Surprise Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami The Old Goat Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Caramel Mocha Oreo Crumble Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Banana Chocolate Chip Lite Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Peaches and Cream Oatmeal Gelato
Ingredients substitutions and tips for making Ninja Foodi Grill London Broil:
Directions for making Ninja Foodi Grill London Broil:
Pin recipe for later!!
Ninja Foodi Grill London BroilRate this Recipe Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- In a ziplock bag, add the London broil and all seasonings. No particular order required.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. The longer the beef is in the marinade, the better. You really want the flavors to soak into the beef. The marinade helps to tenderize the beef as well.
- Remove the London Broil from ziplock bag and place into your grill using the grill rack. I used the NINJA FOODI GRILL XL but any grill or oven would do the trick. Close the grill lid.
- Turn Ninja Foodi Grill on and select "Broil" at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes to achieve a medium-well temperature.
- After 10 minutes, flip the meat. Pay attention to the time as this mode WILL NOT notify you at the halfway mark! Close the grill lid and continue to cook the London Broil.
- After another 5 minutes, check the London Broil to see how done it is. You can do this by using a meat thermometer or simply be pressing on the meat. Rare= 120-125 degrees FahrenheitMedium Rare=130-135 degrees FahrenheitMedium=140-145 degrees FahrenheitMedium Well= 150-155 degrees FahrenheitWell= 160 and up degrees Fahrenheit
- Once the London Broil is cooked to your preferred temperature, remove the beef and allow it to rest for several minutes.
- Slice thin (recommended) and serve with your favorite side dishes. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.
Looking for more recipes? Be sure to check out some of our favorites below!
Tasty Traveler #1
Hi, I’m Lauren but you can call me Tasty Traveler #1!
I have always had a passion for food, cocktails, and travel. It has become more pronounced over the last several years since I have had the opportunity to do so many of the things that I love. One of my favorite co...
Tasty Traveler #2
Hi, I’m Luis! (I like to think of myself as Tasty Traveler #1 but Lauren says I’m Tasty Traveler #2!)
I too have a love for food, travel, and all things in between! Over the past several years I have found more time to be adventurous with things that I eat, the plac...