Check out our recipe for making chicken marsala pasta in the Ninja Foodi!
Every time we go out to a restaurant, my husband orders Chicken Marsala with a side of pasta. I’ve made chicken marsala at home but wanted a way to make the pasta at the same time. I was so happy with the results of this recipe!! Making the pasta at the same time resulted in a creamy, delicious pasta dish that was made all in one pot! It was delicious! And most importantly, my husband approved….and ate two bowls! That’s a win in my book!!
Tips for making Ninja Foodi Chicken Marsala Pasta
Absolutely! To double the recipe, double all ingredients except the amount of chicken broth that you are putting in. Instead of doubling it, double it and subtract half a cup. So, instead of using 6 cups (3 cups doubled) add 5 ½ cups instead. Do not adjust the cooking time.
I would recommend using boneless skinless chicken breasts. Since we are cooking the pasta at the same time as the chicken, it is important that the chicken is cut into smaller pieces so that it cooks in the same amount of time as the pasta. For this recipe, the chicken should be cut into pieces that are no thicker than ½ inch and about 3 inches in length.
Yes, you can. When choosing what type of pasta to use, make sure that it will cook in the same amount of time as the chicken. I have found that 3 minutes is the right cooking time for chicken that is cut into small pieces. The rule of thumb for pressure cooking pasta is this: look on the back of the box. Take the recommended cook time and divide it in half and then subtract 2 minutes. The pasta that I used for this recipe had a recommended cooking time of 9-11 minutes. I cut that in half and came up with 5 minutes and then subtracted 2. The cook time for the linguine that I used is 3 minutes. If you would like to substitute another pasta for the linguine, choose a pasta that has a recommended cooking time between 9 and 11 minutes.
Don’t panic!! The pasta will continue to cook as you stir it and thicken the sauce. If the pasta is way undercooked for your liking, simply put the pressure cooker lid back on (do not turn it on) and let it sit for about 5 minutes. Open the lid and stir. The steam within the pot should continue to cook the pasta.
Yes, you can. Depending on what type of vegetables you will be adding will determine when to add them. If you are adding vegetables that cook very quickly like broccoli, mushrooms, or peas, you can add them at the end when you are adding in the cream and parmesan cheese. They should cook to an al dente texture and be ready to eat at the same time that the sauce has thickened up. If you are adding vegetables that take longer to cook like green beans, peppers or carrots, you should add those in before you add in the pasta. You will want to pressure cook these vegetables since they do take longer to cook.
Ingredients for making Ninja Foodi Chicken Marsala Pasta
Directions for making Ninja Foodi Chicken Marsala Pasta
Pin Ninja Foodi Chicken Marsala Pasta for later!!
Ninja Foodi Chicken Marsala PastaRate this Recipe Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- Ninja Foodi
- 1-2 pounds Chicken Breasts (boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into ½ inch thick and 3 inch long pieces)
- ½ cup Flour (all-purpose)
- ¾ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Butter (salted)
- 8 ounces Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon Garlic (minced)
- 1 cup Marsala Wine
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- ¾ cups Heavy Cream
- 12 ounces Pasta (Bow Ties)
- Coat chicken in the flour mixture.
- Turn Ninja Foodi on saute-hi.
- Once Ninja Foodi is hot, add Olive Oil.
- Add coated chicken and saute until the chicken is light brown on all sides.
- Move the chicken over to one side of the pot and add the butter and mushrooms to the other half of the pot. Stir the mushrooms to combine them with the butter.
- Add garlic and stir.
- Pour in the wine and stir. Be sure to scrape the bottom of the pot to get off any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Add pasta. Do not stir. Instead, lighltly press the pasta down into the liquid.
- Pour in chicken broth.
- Close pressure cooking lid and pressure cook on high for 3 minutes.
- Once the timer beeps, natural release pressure for 3-4 minutes and then quick release remaining pressure.
- Open the pressure cooking lid.
- Pour in cream and stir. Place the pressure cooking lid back onto the Ninja Foodi. Do not turn it back on! Let sit for 5 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken up. Remove lid, stir. Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.
Looking for more recipes? Be sure to check out some of our favorites below!
Tasty Traveler #1
Hi, I’m Lauren but you can call me Tasty Traveler #1!
I have always had a passion for food, cocktails, and travel. It has become more pronounced over the last several years since I have had the opportunity to do so many of the things that I love. One of my favorite co…
Tasty Traveler #2
Hi, I’m Luis! (I like to think of myself as Tasty Traveler #1 but Lauren says I’m Tasty Traveler #2!)
I too have a love for food, travel, and all things in between! Over the past several years I have found more time to be adventurous with things that I eat, the plac…