Check out our recipe for making creamy lemon chicken with linguine pasta in the Ninja Foodi!
We LOVE pasta at our house and I am a sucker for creamy sauces! This is the perfect combination of creaminess, mixed with a fresh lemon flavor all combined with chicken and pasta. It only takes one pot...which means less mess but all of the flavor! An added bonus was that my 14 year old could smell it cooking and came running out to the kitchen to eat it! She loved it too!!
Tips for making Ninja Foodi Lemon Chicken with Linguine
Absolutely! To double the recipe, double all ingredients except the amount of chicken broth that you are putting in. Instead of doubling it, double it and subtract half a cup. So, instead of using 6 cups (3 cups doubled) add 5 ½ cups instead. Do not adjust the cooking time.
I would recommend using boneless skinless chicken breasts. Since we are cooking the pasta at the same time as the chicken, it is important that the chicken is cut into smaller pieces so that it cooks in the same amount of time as the pasta. For this recipe, the chicken should be cut into pieces that are no thicker than ½ inch and about 3 inches in length.
Yes, you can. When choosing what type of pasta to use, make sure that it will cook in the same amount of time as the chicken. I have found that 3 minutes is the right cooking time for chicken that is cut into small pieces. The rule of thumb for pressure cooking pasta is this: look on the back of the box. Take the recommended cook time and divide it in half and then subtract 2 minutes. The pasta that I used for this recipe had a recommended cooking time of 9-11 minutes. I cut that in half and came up with 5 minutes and then subtracted 2. The cook time for the linguine that I used is 3 minutes. If you would like to substitute another pasta for the linguine, choose a pasta that has a recommended cooking time between 9 and 11 minutes.
Don't panic!! The pasta will continue to cook as you stir it and thicken the sauce. If the pasta is way undercooked for your liking, simply put the pressure cooker lid back on (do not turn it on) and let it sit for about 5 minutes. Open the lid and stir. The steam within the pot should continue to cook the pasta.
Yes, you can. Depending on what type of vegetables you will be adding will determine when to add them. If you are adding vegetables that cook very quickly like broccoli, mushrooms, or peas, you can add them at the end when you are adding in the cream and parmesan cheese. They should cook to an al dente texture and be ready to eat at the same time that the sauce has thickened up. If you are adding vegetables that take longer to cook like green beans, peppers or carrots, you should add those in before you add in the pasta. You will want to pressure cook these vegetables since they do take longer to cook.
- Win 1 of 20 Ninja® Foodi® 14-in-1 8-qt. XL Pressure Cooker Steam Fryer with SmartLid™
- Ninja Creami Brownie Cookie Surprise Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami The Old Goat Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Caramel Mocha Oreo Crumble Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Banana Chocolate Chip Lite Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Peaches and Cream Oatmeal Gelato
Ingredients for making Ninja Foodi Creamy Lemon Chicken with Linguine
Directions for making Ninja Foodi Creamy Lemon Chicken with Linguine
Pin recipe for later!!
Ninja Foodi Creamy Lemon Chicken with LinguineRate this Recipe Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- Ninja Foodi
- 1 pound Chicken Breasts (boneless-skinless and cut into smaller pieces, about ½ inch thick and about 3 inches in length.)
- 12 ounce Linguine
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Shallot (small)
- 1 tablespoon Garlic (minced)
- 1 cup White Wine
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- ½ Lemon (juice and zest)
- ¼ teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes (if desired)
- 2 tablespoons Butter (salted)
- ⅓ cup Heavy Cream
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese (shredded)
- ½ sprig Rosemary (fresh)
- 1 sprig Thyme (fresh)
- Turn Ninja Foodi on saute-hi.
- Pour in Olive Oil.
- Move chicken to one side of the pot. Add shallots and garlic to the other side of the pot. Saute until shallots are soft.
- Add white wine to the pot. Be sure to stir well and gently scrape the bottom of the pot using a silicone spatula to remove the browned bits.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon and the zest of half of that lemon into the pot.
- Add in red pepper flakes-can be ommitted if you would prefer.
- Break pasta in half and add to pot in a crisis cross pattern. Do not stack all of the pasta noodles right on top of each other or they will end up undercooked and stuck together. Do not stir! Do not stir after adding the pasta to the pot.
- Pour in chicken broth.
- Close the pressure cooking lid and move the valve to the seal position. Presure cook on high for 3 minutes.
- Once the timer beeps, naturally release pressure for 3-4 minutes and then quick release remaining pressure. If liquid starts to come out of the valve, naturally release pressure for another 3-4 minutes and then quick release remaining pressure.
- Open lid and stir.
- Turn Ninja Foodi on saute-hi and add in butter, cream and parmesan cheese. Stirwell until sauce has thickened. This should take less than 5 minutes.
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.
Looking for more recipes? Be sure to check out some of our favorites below!
Tasty Traveler #1
Hi, I’m Lauren but you can call me Tasty Traveler #1!
I have always had a passion for food, cocktails, and travel. It has become more pronounced over the last several years since I have had the opportunity to do so many of the things that I love. One of my favorite co...
Tasty Traveler #2
Hi, I’m Luis! (I like to think of myself as Tasty Traveler #1 but Lauren says I’m Tasty Traveler #2!)
I too have a love for food, travel, and all things in between! Over the past several years I have found more time to be adventurous with things that I eat, the plac...