Check out my recipe for making bacon using your Ninja Foodi Grill!
Okay, so this is less of a recipe and more of a process. I didn't make the pizza rolls. I bought them frozen in a bag at the grocery store. At just about any time, you can check my freezer and there will be pizza rolls in it!
This recipe was made using the Ninja® Foodi® Smart XL Pro Grill & Griddle, but any Ninja Foodi Grill or Air Fryer can be used for this recipe.
Pizza rolls are quick, easy, and super convenient. They are perfect as a quick lunch or after-school snack. However, I personally do not like them very much when they are microwaved or baked. I like for them to be a little crispy on the outside and melty on the inside.
Air crisping the pizza rolls is the best way to make them because they crisp up a bit on the outside and they get super melty on the inside. So melty in fact, that you will need to adjust the recommended cooking time a bit if you are using your Ninja Foodi Grill to air crisp them.
Tips for making Ninja Foodi Grill Pizza Rolls
Pizza rolls are little 2-inch rectangular dough pockets filled with cheese, sauce, and pizza toppings. While you can make your own pizza rolls, the store-bought frozen ones are much quicker and easier. However, homemade ones would likely taste more like pizza and would be more delicious. Pizza rolls are not meant to be the most gourmet pizza ever. They are meant to be quick and easy!
I think they are better! The dough texture always tastes a little undercooked to me when you microwave them or put them in the oven. But, if you air fry them, the dough on the outside cooks more and becomes almost crispy while making the inside super melty!
If the pizza rolls burst open in the air fryer, it's because you are cooking them too long. The sauce inside gets hot and starts to boil and needs someplace to go. So, the pizza roll seam bursts, and the cheese and sauce start to come out. Cook the pizza rolls for a shorter amount of time and you won't have this issue.
Always use a non-aerosol, high-heat oil. Many cooking sprays contain lecithin. Lecithin can destroy the non-stick surface of your Ninja Foodi Grill and inserts. I prefer to use avocado oil because it does not have much flavor at all and is safer to use because it does not have lecithin. Other high-heat oils are peanut, canola, sunflower, and sesame oil. Many of these oils can be found at your local grocery store in a non-aerosol spray can. Otherwise, you can buy an oil mister off of Amazon fairly inexpensively.
When air frying, spraying the food with a little bit of cooking oil will add crispness to the food. You don't need a lot of oil. A little goes a long way. But, the oil does make a big difference when it comes to crispiness. If using the air crisp function, spray the food. If using the grill function, you can spray either the food or the grill.
Never miss a recipe! Subscribe to have FREE recipes sent straight to your inbox!
Looking for more recipes? Check out some of my newest recipes!
Looking for more Ninja Foodi Grill Recipes? Check out all of our Ninja Foodi recipes here!
What you'll need to make Ninja Foodi Grill Pizza Rolls:
Ingredient substitutions and tips for making Ninja Foodi Grill Pizza Rolls:
The full ingredient list is found at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
Avocado Oil- Use a NON-AEROSOL oil to spray on the grill. Other types of oil can be used, but I use avocado oil because it does not have any flavor and does not smoke on the grill.
Pizza Rolls- I prefer Totino's brand pizza rolls and usually by the combination with sausage and pepperoni. But, any brand or flavor of frozen pizza rolls will work just fine.
Steps for making Ninja Foodi Grill Pizza Rolls:
Directions for making Ninja Foodi Grill Pizza Rolls:
1. Turn the Ninja Foodi Grill on.
2. Choose the AIR CRISP function. Set to 390 degrees for 7 minutes.
3. Once the Ninja Foodi Grill has finished preheating and says ADD FOOD, open the lid and pour the pizza rolls into the crisping basket. Lightly spray the pizza rolls with non-aerosol avocado spray. Toss around the pizza rolls in the basket to get them evenly coated. Close the lid.
4. When the Ninja Foodi Grill says FLIP FOOD (about halfway through the full cook time) open the lid and use silicone tongs to flip the pizza rolls.
5. When the cooking time is complete, open the lid and remove the pizza rolls using silicone tongs.
6. Serve and Enjoy!
Pin recipe for later:
Ninja Foodi Grill Pizza RollsRate this Recipe Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- Silicone Tongs
- 25 Pizza Rolls (Frozen)
- Avocado Oil (Non-Aerosol Spray)
- Turn the Ninja Foodi Grill on.
- Choose the AIR CRISP function. Set to 390 degrees for 7 minutes.
- Once the Ninja Foodi Grill has finished preheating and says ADD FOOD, open the lid and pour the pizza rolls into the crisping basket. Lightly spray the pizza rolls with non-aerosol avocado spray. Toss around the pizza rolls in the basket to get them evenly coated. Close the lid.
- When the Ninja Foodi Grill says FLIP FOOD (about halfway through the full cook time) open the lid and use silicone tongs to flip the pizza rolls.
- When the cooking time is complete, open the lid and remove the pizza rolls using silicone tongs.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.
Looking for more recipes? Be sure to check out some of our favorites below!
Tasty Traveler #1
Hi, I’m Lauren but you can call me Tasty Traveler #1!
I have always had a passion for food, cocktails, and travel. It has become more pronounced over the last several years since I have had the opportunity to do so many of the things that I love. One of my favorite co...
Tasty Traveler #2
Hi, I’m Luis! (I like to think of myself as Tasty Traveler #1 but Lauren says I’m Tasty Traveler #2!)
I too have a love for food, travel, and all things in between! Over the past several years I have found more time to be adventurous with things that I eat, the plac...
Leave a Reply