If you love indoor grilled chicken with a hint of spicy then this is the recipe for you! In my house chicken is the “go-to” meat source as we all love it. Although an easy dinner, cooking chicken can be tricky as you’d want to make sure it cooks evenly throughout. Finding the right time and temp is key to not over/under cook it. Therefore, closely monitoring the chicken while it cooks is highly recommended!
Ninja Foodi Grill Spicy Honey Garlic Chicken
For this recipe, you will be using chicken tenders. You can either buy the chicken tenders already cut to size in your meat department, or you can make your own by slicing boneless, skinless chicken breasts into 2 or 3 tenders based on the size of the chicken breast. Ideally, you want each tender to be about 1.5 inches thick.
To ensure that the marinade flavoring is throughout the chicken breast and not just on the outside, marinate the chicken tenders for 30 minutes to 1 hour in the refrigerator before grilling.
While I'd like to say that there is a cooking time that will always work perfectly, I can't. This is because every chicken breast and chicken tender is going to be a little bit of different weight and size. You always want to check for the doneness of your chicken to make sure that it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit before eating. For this recipe, the recommended cooking time is 18 minutes due to the size and weight of the chicken tenders that we used. For thinner tenders, reduce the grilling time by a few minutes. For whole chicken breasts, increase the grilling time by several minutes.
A lot of marinades are very high in sugar. Sugar burns quite quickly when it is at a high temperature. To reduce the likelihood of the marinade burning, remove the chicken from the marinade and use a paper towel to remove the extra marinade. Once the chicken is almost finished grilling, add the additional marinade to the chicken for the last couple of minutes. This will add the flavor you are looking for but since the extra marinade has not had as much time to cook, it is less likely to burn. The same goes for any high sugar sauce like BBQ sauce. The longer it cooks, the more likely it is to burn. But....a little charred flavor is soooo good. 🙂
- Win Ninja® DualBrew Coffee Maker, Compatible with K-Cup Pods, and 12-Cup Drip Coffee Maker
- Win 1 of 20 Ninja® Foodi® 14-in-1 8-qt. XL Pressure Cooker Steam Fryer with SmartLid™
- Ninja Creami Brownie Cookie Surprise Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami The Old Goat Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Caramel Mocha Oreo Crumble Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Banana Chocolate Chip Lite Ice Cream
Ingredient substitutions and tips for making Spicy Ninja Foodi Grill Honey Garlic Chicken
Directions for making Ninja Foodi Grill Spicy Honey Garlic Chicken
Pin recipe for later!!
Ninja Foodi Grill Spicy Honey Garlic ChickenRate this Recipe Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- Cut boneless, skinless chicken breasts into tenders. Based on the size of the chicken breasts, you should be able to get anywhere from 2-4 chicken tenders from each. Each tender should be about 1.5 inches thick.
- Add Frank’s red Hot Stingin’ Honey Garlic Sauce to the seasoned chicken, stir, cover, and let marinate in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes.
- Insert the removable cooking pot and grill grate into your Ninja Foodi Grill.
- Turn on the Ninja Foodi XL Grill. Using the Grill Mode, choose HI. Set timer for 18 minutes and press start to pre-heat the grill.
- Spray the grill insert with non-aerosol, non-stick cooking spray.
- Once the grill says “add food”, place the chicken tenders onto the grill using tongs.
- Close the Ninja Foodi Grill lid.
- After 5 minutes, open the grill lid and check for doneness on the chicken tenders. Continue to check on the chicken every 2 minutes until the chicken tenders have reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit or until the inside is no longer pink.
- Once the chicken has reached the desired temperature, remove it from the grill and serve with your favorite sides!
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only.
Looking for more recipes? Be sure to check out some of our favorites below!
Tasty Traveler #1
Hi, I’m Lauren but you can call me Tasty Traveler #1!
I have always had a passion for food, cocktails, and travel. It has become more pronounced over the last several years since I have had the opportunity to do so many of the things that I love. One of my favorite co...
Tasty Traveler #2
Hi, I’m Luis! (I like to think of myself as Tasty Traveler #1 but Lauren says I’m Tasty Traveler #2!)
I too have a love for food, travel, and all things in between! Over the past several years I have found more time to be adventurous with things that I eat, the plac...