Oh….My….Goodness! Have you tried Instant Pot Crack Chicken Pasta yet? If not…..what are you waiting for??
So, I have seen about a million recipes online for this crazy thing called crack chicken! I read a lot of reviews and about 50% were incredibly positive but the other 50% were quite negative. It seems like you are either in the YES! I LOVE CRACK CHICKEN AND CANNOT GET ENOUGH OF IT! or the NO WAY! CRACK CHICKEN IS NOT FOR ME! camp. How on Earth can there be so much conversation about this little chicken dish? I just didn’t understand.
So…I thought to myself…..ummmm….give it a try! The worst case scenario is we have some leftovers that we don’t really want to eat….but best case scenario we find a new favorite to add to our rotation.
Let me tell you, I WAS SO PLEASANTLY SURPRISED by how DELICIOUS it was! It’s creamy, cheesy, rich, delicious goodness that my entire family loved! Literally, they were fighting over leftovers!
Tips for making Instant Pot Crack Chicken Pasta:
Be sure that you use the ranch powder and not ranch dressing. Ranch dressing will make a mess when you release the pressure and will not coat the chicken like the powder does.
When cooking pasta in the Instant Pot, feel free to modify the pasta from the recipe. If you like bowties- go for it. If you like penne- go for it. The trick is to look at the cooking times on the box. Whatever the box says- cut it in half and subtract 2 minutes. So, if the box says to cook for 10 minutes, you will cut that in half (5) and subtract 2. Altogether you would cook for 3 minutes.
Yes, you can skip the bacon if you would prefer. The bacon adds additional flavor but is not needed for the rest of the recipe to turn out great!
To reduce the amount of liquid in the Crack Chicken Pasta, turn the Instant Pot on sauté for a few minutes and stir continuously. If there is extra liquid, it should evaporate out during this process.
After releasing the pressure, just put the lid back on (don’t lock it into place, just set it on top). The steam that is still in the pot will continue to cook the pasta. Check it every couple of minutes and stir until the pasta has reached its desired texture.
Ingredient substitutions and tips for making Instant Pot Crack Chicken Pasta:
Directions for making Instant Pot Crack Chicken Pasta:
Pin for later!!
Instant Pot Crack Chicken PastaRate this Recipe Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 4 Slices bacon
- 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning
- 16 ounces of your favorite pasta- I recommend using bowties (penne or rotini. If you use long pasta like spaghetti or fettuccini the cook times for the pasta may under cook the chicken.)
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups cheddar cheese- shredded
- fresh parsley to garnish- it’s okay to skip this ingredient if you don’t like parsley or don’t have any on hand
- Turn your Instant Pot on Saute.
- Slice bacon into ½ inch pieces.
- Once Instant Pot is “Hot” add bacon and saute until fully cooked.
- Cut chicken breasts into 1 inch cubes.
- Add chicken to Instant Pot and stir together with bacon until chicken is lightly browned. Do not fully cook the chicken.
- Sprinkle ranch seasoning into Instant Pot and coat bacon and chicken with seasoning.
- Turn saute function off.
- Pour in chicken broth.
- Pour in pasta- DO NOT STIR.
- Try to cover pasta with chicken broth by pushing pasta down in pot- DO NOT STIR.
- Close the Instant Pot with the lid and move valve to “seal” position.
- Cook on manual high for time associated with the pasta that you are using. Calculate cook time based on pasta of your choice. Look at the box and take the suggested cooking time and cut it in half and subtract 2 minutes. If the box says 10 minutes, cut it in half (5 minutes) and subtract 2. So your total cook time will be 3 minutes.
- When timer beeps, quick release pressure. If a substantial amount of liquid sprays out of the valve, quickly move valve back to seal and wait a minute or 2 and then move valve back to release.
- Remove the lid and add in cream cheese and cheddar cheese
- STIR!! This is when the cheesy goodness magic happens. Stir everything together until it is well combined.
- Garnish with just a bit of fresh parsley.
- IT IS TIME!!! Time for you to indulge in this creamy cheesy delicious goodness! Go for it! You deserve it!
Looking for more recipes? Be sure to check out some of our favorites below!
Tasty Traveler #1
Hi, I’m Lauren but you can call me Tasty Traveler #1!
I have always had a passion for food, cocktails, and travel. It has become more pronounced over the last several years since I have had the opportunity to do so many of the things that I love. One of my favorite co…
Tasty Traveler #2
Hi, I’m Luis! (I like to think of myself as Tasty Traveler #1 but Lauren says I’m Tasty Traveler #2!)
I too have a love for food, travel, and all things in between! Over the past several years I have found more time to be adventurous with things that I eat, the plac…