Check out my recipe for making Ninja Creami Chocolate Lovers Ice Cream!
I just hate it when I get chocolate ice cream and it barely tastes like chocolate! So, I made the most chocolatey, delicious, ice cream I could come up with! Using the Ninja Creami, you can make almost anything that you would like! If you are health conscious, you can sub out many of the ingredients to make it healthier, or you can enjoy the full-fat/sugar ice creams that everyone loves!
Do you have a great Ninja Creami recipe that you want to share? Submit your recipe to The Tasty Travelers!
I have to say, this is my favorite chocolate ice cream that I’ve ever made! I really love the rocky road ice cream from Baskin Robbins because of how intense the chocolate ice cream is. To me, this recipe gets pretty close to that same taste! So chocolatey!
Homemade chocolate ice cream can be difficult to get enough chocolate flavor in. The key is in the ingredients that are used, particularly in the cocoa powder. For this recipe, I used DARK cocoa powder and it made all the difference in the world! When I say that this recipe is super chocolatey, I mean it! It’s sure to cure your sweet tooth!
How to use the Ninja Creami
- You’ll start with a base recipe that is usually made of dairy, sugar, stabilizers, and flavorings. Depending on the ingredients, you may need to blend everything together before adding to the pint container.
- Once your mixture is ready to go, pour it into the Ninja Creami pint container and place the lid on it. Freeze on a level surface for 24 hours (recommended).
- Once fully frozen, remove from the freezer and place the pint container into the outer bowl. Check to make sure the blade/paddle is inserted correctly into the outer bowl lid and put the lid on.
- Place the outer bowl into the Ninja Creami ice cream machine and turn the outer bowl handle to the right. DO NOT turn it to the left or it may get stuck…and there’s no good way to get it unstuck!
- Choose the appropriate process and push the button. Let the machine do the work!
- Once it’s finished processing, remove the outer bowl from the base and remove the lid. If you are adding mix-ins, dig a hole down the center and add in your mix-ins. Place the container back into the machine and push mix-ins!
- Your treat should be ready to eat now!
- For more info, see all Ninja FAQs here: https://thetastytravelers.com/ninja-creami-faqs/
Tips for making Ninja Creami Chocolate Lovers Ice Cream
Yes! You absolutely should. Initially, a lot of Ninja Creami recipes were made with heavy cream. But, due to the way that the machine processes the ice cream, the heavy cream gets overmixed and starts to almost turn to butter. This butter-like texture leaves a greasy feel on the spoon and mouth. To prevent this from happening, use a combination of half and half and milk instead of heavy cream.
It depends. If you are keeping the ice cream in the Ninja pint container with the lid sealed tightly and are freezing it in a cold freezer (between 9 degrees F and -7 degrees F), your ice cream will keep for several weeks, even months. However, if you transfer your ice cream to another container or freeze it in a freezer that is not quite as cold (or that is accessed a lot/door opened and closed often), the lifetime of your ice cream will decrease greatly to just a few days and you will likely end up with freezer-burned ice cream.
Be sure to mix the ice cream ingredients together in a blender of some type, an immersion blender works really well. If you don’t mix them together well, the cocoa powder will not mix in thoroughly and you will end up with an inconsistent texture and flavor throughout.
Put the container in the microwave for 10-30 seconds to allow some of the ice around the outside to melt. Or, leave the container on the counter for up to 30 minutes before processing. You can also run the container under warm water for several seconds before processing.
This recipe calls for dark cocoa powder. Dark cocoa powder adds a deeper and stronger chocolate flavor than regular cocoa powder. It’s worth it to but the dark cocoa powder for this recipe if you are looking for a strong chocolate flavor.
Never miss another recipe! Subscribe to have free recipes sent straight to your inbox!
Looking for more recipes?
I’ve created a post with 59+ Ninja Creami recipes all in one place! Here’s the link to the BEST Ninja Creami Recipes!
Check out some of my newest recipes!
What you’ll need to make Ninja Creami Chocolate Lovers Ice Cream:
Ingredient substitutions and tips for making Ninja Creami Chocolate Lovers Ice Cream:
Steps for making Ninja Creami Chocolate Lovers Ice Cream:
Directions for making Ninja Creami Chocolate Lovers Ice Cream:
Pin Ninja Creami Chocolate Lovers Ice Cream for later:
Ninja Creami Chocolate Ice CreamRate this Recipe Print Recipe Pin Recipe
Add Food Grade Vegetable Glycerin To Make Leftover Ice Cream Scoopable Right Out of the Freezer
*Add 1 Teaspoon to full fat/full sugar bases *Add 1.5 teaspoon to high protein bases *Add 2 teaspoons to low sugar/low fat lite bases. Freeze and process per the recipe. Take the leftovers out of the freezer and scoop without having to reprocess.
Original and Deluxe Ingredient Measurements
Use the multiplier below to adjust quantities based on the machine that you own. 1X=Original 16 ounce 1.5X=Deluxe 24 ounces
Ice Cream Base
- Freeze on a level surface for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, remove the pint from the freezer. Remove the lid.
- Place the Ninja Creami pint into the outer bowl. Place the outer bowl with the pint in it, into the Ninja Creami machine and turn until the outer bowl locks into place. Push the ICE CREAM button. During the ice cream function, the ice cream will mix together and become very creamy.
- Once the ice cream function has ended, turn the outer bowl and release it from the Ninja Creami machine.
- Add the pint back into the Ninja Creami and process on Mix-ins.
- Once the Mix-ins process has completed, remove the pint from the Ninja Creami.
- Your ice cream is ready to eat! Enjoy!
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. Optional ingredients are not included in the nutrition information.
Looking for more recipes? Be sure to check out some of our favorites below!
Tasty Traveler #1
Hi, I’m Lauren but you can call me Tasty Traveler #1!
I have always had a passion for food, cocktails, and travel. It has become more pronounced over the last several years since I have had the opportunity to do so many of the things that I love. One of my favorite co…
Tasty Traveler #2
Hi, I’m Luis! (I like to think of myself as Tasty Traveler #1 but Lauren says I’m Tasty Traveler #2!)
I too have a love for food, travel, and all things in between! Over the past several years I have found more time to be adventurous with things that I eat, the plac…