Check out our instructions on how to clean a Blackstone Griddle!
Ok....so you got a Blackstone Griddle! First things first....CONGRATULATIONS!! You're going to LOVE it!!
Like any other new toy, you're going to be super excited and want to jump in and use it right away. But...you have to wait until after you have cleaned your griddle. Don't worry though, it's super quick and easy to do! I promise!
Tips for cleaning a Blackstone Griddle:
None abrasive dish soap can be used. Dawn or Palmolive dish soap works great.
It should take about 5 minutes to clean your Blackstone Griddle when you first get it.
During manufacturing, packaging, and shipping, the Blackstone Griddle will likely have gotten dirty with dust and residue. Since you will be cooking on the griddle, you'll want to make sure it is as clean as possible from the very beginning.
Technically, both. You will need to do the first cleaning before seasoning the griddle. After seasoning and cooking on it several times, you will want to clean it again. You do not need to clean the Blackstone Griddle after EVERY cook! In fact, you shouldn't.
As you can see from my video, a lot of the water was pooling to the lower-left corner of my griddle. This is because the griddle was not level. Once I moved the griddle on the ground to make it level, there was no more pooling of water. It's important to have the griddle level when cooking so that oil and food stay where you want it and cook more evenly.
Never miss a recipe! Subscribe to have FREE recipes sent straight to your inbox!
Looking for more recipes? Check out some of my newest recipes!
- Ninja Creami Strawberry Cheesecake Protein Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Breeze Review and Unboxing-Video
- Ninja Creami Salted Caramel Butterscotch Chip Protein Ice Cream
- Where's the best place to buy a Ninja Creami?
- Ninja Creami Banana Cream Pie Protein Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Protein Ice Cream
Supplies needed to clean a Blackstone Griddle:
Soap- A non-abrasive dish soap like Dawn or Palmolive
Water- Warm water
Bucket- You don't need a whole lot of water, a gallon bucket is a perfect size.
Sponge- Use a non-abrasive sponge or towel.
Instructions for cleaning a Blackstone Griddle:
1. In a bucket, combine a few squirts of dish soap and about a gallon of clean warm water.
2. With the Blackstone Griddle OFF, use the sponge and soapy water to gently wipe down the griddle top. Be sure to clean the sides of the top plate as well.
3. Once you have wiped the entire top down with soapy water, rinse out the bucket and sponge and re-fill with clean water.
4. Wipe the griddle top down with clean water. Pour some of the water on the griddle to clean off the last few suds.
5. Completely dry the griddle with paper towels.
Pin for later!!
Looking for more recipes? Be sure to check out some of our favorites below!
Tasty Traveler #1
Hi, I’m Lauren but you can call me Tasty Traveler #1!
I have always had a passion for food, cocktails, and travel. It has become more pronounced over the last several years since I have had the opportunity to do so many of the things that I love. One of my favorite co...
Tasty Traveler #2
Hi, I’m Luis! (I like to think of myself as Tasty Traveler #1 but Lauren says I’m Tasty Traveler #2!)
I too have a love for food, travel, and all things in between! Over the past several years I have found more time to be adventurous with things that I eat, the plac...
Leave a Reply