Fried Pickles! Need I say more???
I don’t know that I’ve got the self control to not order fried pickles when I see them on a menu at the restaurant! I mean…pickles, fried goodness….and ranch to dip them in. How could you go wrong?
Be sure to eat your fried pickles while they are still hot. As they sit for awhile, they will start to get a little soggy.
Tips for making Ninja Foodi Fried Pickles:
- If you opt to skip the cajun seasoning, add in about a 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the breadcrumb mix. Cajun seasoning usually has a high salt content, which is why salt is not in the recipe.
- Like anything that you cook on the air crisp function, the air needs to circulate around the food in order to crisp it up. So, don’t let your fried pickles touch each other. If you do, they will be extra soggy in those spots.
Experiment with different pickles. I used thinly sliced dill pickles. But, there are so many options for pickles….you cold use spears, thicker or slices or FLAVORED PICKLES!!! OMG! Next time I’m going to try this recipe with the garlic flavored pickles! Yumm!!
Looking for more Ninja Foodi Air Crisp recipes? Check out some of our favorites!
Ingredients for making Ninja Foodi Fried Pickles:
Directions on making Ninja Foodi Fried Pickles:
Ninja Foodi Fried PicklesPrint Pin Rate
- Ninja Foodi
- Mix Italian style bread crumbs, Panko bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and cajun seasoning together in a bowl.
- Beat eggs together in a separate bowl.
- Using a fork, fully cover the somewhat dry pickle slices (pat the pickles dry with a paper towel) with egg.
- Dip and fully cover the pickle slices with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Lightly spray the air crisping basket with non stick cooking spray. Gently place the coated pickle slices into the air crisping basket. Be sure that there is a little space in between each. Lightly spray the pickle slices with the non stick cooking spray. (As I was trying several versions out, I did not make very many pickles at a time. Feel free to add more to the crisping basket when making.
- Turn Ninja Foodi on and choose “air crisp.” Set temperature to 360 degrees and “air crisp” the pickles for 8-10 minutes. Check them at about 7 minutes-just open up the lid. If they are evenly browned then they are done cooking. If they have not browned yet, close the lid and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes longer.
- When the fried pickles are cooked, carefully remove from Ninja Foodi with tongs. Serve with your favorite ranch dressing. Enjoy!